Blacklist "lost" -- best way to recover?

I thought I was deleting a few false blacklist names, but ended up deleting them all . . .

The daily backup has been working well. Do I need to do a full system backup to recover the blacklist or is there some way to simply segregate and pull out the blacklist names and update them otherwise?

If you open the daily backup, you shoul;d have a database dump there. The database dump contains the blacklist entries, look for sql statements that start with "INSERT INTO `mw_email_blacklist`..." and you can copy those insert statements and paste them into phpmyadmin, in the sql section and execute them directly.

Are you saying i would need to cut and paste every individual entry (there are many!) or would these be in one file that I could access.

Also, while I am fixing this problem, I am trying to set up the update function for the latest version. I believe I've followed the instructions correctly to overwrite the newest version on the update folder but am getting these messages:

Not Found
The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

With your guidance, I will instruct a contractor to complete the process as I don't want to risk the repeating the chaos the last time around.

Are you saying i would need to cut and paste every individual entry (there are many!) or would these be in one file that I could access.
Not one by one, but there is a SQL statement to insert them all at once. If you aren't sure, get someone that knows a thing or two about sql.

Also, while I am fixing this problem, I am trying to set up the update function for the latest version. I believe I've followed the instructions correctly to overwrite the newest version on the update folder but am getting these messages:
Seems to me you have removed files you shouldn't have. The update process never tells you to remove files, but rather to override existing files with new ones. If you're using a Mac, the Transmit client will give you headaches, if you select REPLACE instead of MERGE when transferring files, then it will simply remove all your files from the server and then put the new ones, which is really not what you want.

If this is the case, what should I do now. The "old" version is still running. I have contracted with someone to handle the database corrections (and the software updating).

Back