best practices for customizing the subscription pages

Kevin Madison

I'm trying customize the subscription related pages (subscribe, unsubscribe, confirmation, etc.) and had some trouble figuring out how to edit the overall "theme" for those pages.

I noticed it comes with some default themes that adds an empty? blue navbar at the top of the page, with the content below. Is there a way to edit this stuff through the Mailwizz admin or must it be done on server? I found /apps/frontend/views/layouts/main.php and edited that, which seemed to achieve what I wanted.

Is there a best practices for editing these files on server so that I can still update Mailwizz or not cause any other issues?

Also, I would ideally like to customize the entire layout separately for each "List" I create. Is that possible or would I need to create separate customers? Can separate customers have unique layouts? If yes, can customers share Lists?

I found /apps/frontend/views/layouts/main.php and edited that, which seemed to achieve what I wanted.
You should actually do this from css since is way easier. That is, create a file called style-custom.css in /frontend/assets/css folder.
Mailwizz will autoload that file automatically.
Also, I would ideally like to customize the entire layout separately for each "List" I create. Is that possible
Yes it is, there is an extension in Backend > Extend > Extensions called "List custom assets". Once you enable it, then in each list pages you will have a way to load custom css or/and js files to customize your list as you wish.
If yes, can customers share Lists?
Nope, this won't ever be possible with mailwizz, it's by design.

Thank you for the response. Everything makes sense, except... how can I customize the header? In main.php I see:

HTML:
<header class="main-header">
        <nav class="navbar navbar-static-top"></nav>
</header

But I don't see how the header/navbar can be edited without editing main.php. Is it wrong to edit main.php?

Well what if I want to add a header to all of the pages? Everything cannot be done through CSS.

Is a custom theme the solution? Is there a guide for that?

Okay thank you. I'm a bit surprised that it's so difficult to modify the list pages (subscribe, unsubscribe, etc.) beyond CSS. Is it not standard for customers to want to customize these pages to match their websites? Maybe I'm missing something :)

Back