autoresponder exclusions

nadworks

I might be wrong but it seems the autoresponder, despite being set to "No" for both existing subscribers and imports, still sends to records that are being manually added at the backend. Correct?

If that's the case*, how can I easily disable that?

We occasionally get subscribers who simply email us and ask to be added to our list and other legit channels that users arrive from where the current autoresponder doesn't make sense when we add them manually.

(* if not, why would I have just received the autoresponder message after manually adding me to a list?)

(* if not, why would I have just received the autoresponder message after manually adding me to a list?)
Incl. imported subscribers > this means autoresponder will send campaign to imported subscribers.
Incl. current subscribers > this means autoresponder will send campaign to current subscribers if already exists in list.

If subscriber is added manually then this subscriber is considered a new subscriber in that list and camping will be sent to this.

The best way to avoid this is to add this subscribers to a csv file then import this file in your list, and in autoresponder use: Incl. imported subscribers > No then for this subscribers, campaign will not be sent.

Yes, those are the settings I have.
But for the odd single manual addition importing an entire file always appeared slightly over the top, so I kept adding manually, trusting it would be treated as an import.

Back