Autoresponder after someone hasn't open previous mail

EVA

Help with setting. I have autoresponder campaign A, and want to set up second autoresponder after two days, when someone hasn't opened campagin A, how to do it?

Add a custom field on your list (for example "step") and create segment.
On your 1st campaign : "Change subscriber custom field value upon campaign open" (set step = 1)
On your 2nd campaign : Use list + segment (step = 0 if you want no open)

... or move opener on another list

sorry i dont understand. For example i create segment and i need to put value 0 or 1?
This bit is also confusing: On your 2nd campaign : Use list + segment (step = 0 if you want no open). Where do i set zero vaue?

In first pictures u see my confing of label and fieldZrzut ekranu 2016-12-04 o 21.27.07.png Zrzut ekranu 2016-12-04 o 21.26.57.png
In second u see 1st list configurantionZrzut ekranu 2016-12-04 o 21.26.05.png Zrzut ekranu 2016-12-04 o 21.25.48.png
But i dont get the second list config.

@EVA - This isn't really doable via autoresponders... Why not simply send a regular campaign, after 2 days, to subscribers that didn't open the previous campaign?
Screenshot 2016-12-05 10.24.22.png

the simply reason is that it needs to be autorsponder, as i don;t have time to run this campaign every single time. Is there any chance to achive it, to send autresponder to ppl who hasn't opened previous autoresponder?

the simply reason is that it needs to be autorsponder, as i don;t have time to run this campaign every single time. Is there any chance to achive it, to send autresponder to ppl who hasn't opened previous autoresponder?

Make your list auto-segment itself: just create new field and use/update it for 'opened' and 'unopened' (default field value), so it sticks as a record, hence is not floating by each campaign/AR sent, then keep sending (repeat campaign) to those that have field value 'unopen' (similar to moving people to another list, just here you don't have to do that moving and folks don't worry about suddenly being on another list). There is only one tiny trouble with this, if the subs don't use html email, the unopens won't be correct, and the only way to mitigate this is to make sure you get a click by something really valuable, as otherwise the subs get the camp oft and will probly get annoyed and unsub, and that's not the click u want ;)

Which brings me to another thing:
could you please - great creator as you are - @twisted1919 - make a feature that allows selection by:
un/opened previous campaign
un/opened any campaign (in AR, un/opened any previous emails for this AR series)
un/clicked specific link/URL
un/clicked any link/URL within date x and y
(anything else missed above re opens / clicks)
?

Last edited:
on your segment : step is 1 = user have open mail (step is =1 WHEN user open mail), to have unopen, set your segment step ='' (empty)

@twisted1919, "Change subscriber custom field value upon campaign send" and why not "Actions against subscribers upon campaign send" could be usefull

I don't really understand what u said. I created two segments one with value [empty] one with value 1 (for oppened). What shall i do next? Is this correct settings?
Make your list auto-segment itself: just create new field and use/update it for 'opened' and 'unopened' (default field value), so it sticks as a record, hence is not floating by each campaign/AR sent, then keep sending (repeat campaign) to those that have field value 'unopen' (similar to moving people to another list, just here you don't have to do that moving and folks don't worry about suddenly being on another list). There is only one tiny trouble with this, if the subs don't use html email, the unopens won't be correct, and the only way to mitigate this is to make sure you get a click by something really valuable, as otherwise the subs get the camp oft and will probly get annoyed and unsub, and that's not the click u want ;)

Which brings me to another thing:
could you please - great creator as you are - @twisted1919 - make a feature that allows selection by:
un/opened previous campaign
un/opened any campaign (in AR, un/opened any previous emails for this AR series)
un/clicked specific link/URL
un/clicked any link/URL within date x and y
(anything else missed above re opens / clicks)
?

I don't really understand what u said. I created two segments one with value [empty] one with value 1 (for oppened). What shall i do next? Is this correct settings?
That goes in the right direction. Try to avoid empty value settings as there were problems with that in the past. Once you have created the field, have it set in the next campaign to open if someone opens (clicks count as open too).

Attachments

• Firefox_Screenshot_2016-12-06T19-48-19.216Z.png
    Firefox_Screenshot_2016-12-06T19-48-19.216Z.png
    10 KB · Views: 47
works for me, but for the text email opens to go by click as open
there is a confirmed bug that this does not work
so the work-around is
to put up more functions, basically for ea link and open with OR to get the 'ever opened' field set correctly for the time being

I think it doesn't work with empty value. I tried to check with "Show matching subscribers" and it returns no subscribers.

I believed the only way is to add on each subscribers the value 0 on the text field.

BUT do we have an option for bulk action to update text field?

@frm.mwz @Matt95c @EVA @twisted1919

Yes, that is correct, and that is exactly why there is a 'default value' (in this example 'notopened') in the pic as posted above.

Sorry what i mean is that when I tried the segment to show subscribers that is not "1" (1 means did open) it returns 0 or no subscribers.

But when I edit subscribers A and set the empty value to 0 then went back to segment and click show subscribers that is not "1" it returns 1 subscriber.

So I have to edit each subscribers text field value to 0. To make it as default? Is there a bulk way to do that?

I have to set the blank/empty value to 0 for this to work right?

Sorry what i mean is that when I tried the segment to show subscribers that is not "1" (1 means did open) it returns 0 or no subscribers.

But when I edit subscribers A and set the empty value to 0 then went back to segment and click show subscribers that is not "1" it returns 1 subscriber.

So I have to edit each subscribers text field value to 0. To make it as default? Is there a bulk way to do that?

I have to set the blank/empty value to 0 for this to work right?

In order to avoid having to edit each subscriber, set the default value (default when you setup the list field) to something that you define as 'not opened yet ever' (e.g. "didnotopen" or "0" or "NOYE" or anything you like, ideally short and clear to you, so you always know what it means and have not much to type in search or edits) similar as in the picture posted above. You then use the default (notopenedyet or whatever you chose) to send to those.

Because it is a default, whenever you get/create/import a new subscriber, this field will be populated with the default value as you have defined it above, this way, you do not have to go and edit each subscriber.

If you want to do this for an existing list, you can use phpMyAdmin to edit the field for all subs, or use another dbf tool, or export/edit/import the list.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

A while ago I did ask @twisted1919 as well if there will be a list field bulk edit option and perhaps it will come ;)

Thanks @frm.mwz ! ;)

That's my current problem I have lots of existing list. Best option would be edit in bulk the list field but there isn't one for that now. I hope @twisted1919 can help me and anyone whos looking make a patch for this.

where can i export unopens for specific campaign as we do with clicks and opens?
Otherwise would be nice to have a section to program unopened and unclicked for previous campaigns,or a mix of them,
but an export option is the quickest way to help us! thanks!

Maybe just adding columns with values 1 and 0 :
Email, Process status, Sent, date, opened, clicked, bounced, marked as spam

Thanks everyone!

Back