Auto-responder strategy question - Multiple lists + send events

p. bateman

Hi there,

I have a freemium mobile app and and currently using a Mailwizz auto-responder campaign to send a welcome email to new users when they create an account on my app.

I'd also like to setup an auto-responder campaign to send at these points and I was hoping to get some advice about the best way to set this up in Mailwizz:
  1. When a free user converts to a paid user
  2. 5 days into their paid user subscription
  3. When a user cancels their paid subscription
To accomplish #1 I was thinking of creating a new list "Paid sign-ups", syncing the unsub events with my master list of all customers, and then setting up an auto-responder for this list with "Welcome to Premium"

#2 would be basically the same as above except it would send 5 days after subscription.

#3 is a bit weird. Here I could create another list of cancellations, also sync unsub events, and then send the "I'm sorry to see you go" auto-responder when cancellations get added to this list.

----

However, all of that, managing 3 lists, seems messy. Another idea would be to have 1 single master user list and then add 3 custom fields:
  1. premium_status = true/false
  2. date_premium_start = date
  3. date_premium_cancel = date
And then create segments for each cohort:
  1. When a free user converts to a paid user = `premium_status=true AND date_premium_start = within 1 minute` AND then setup a regular campaign with a custom recurring send every minute.
  2. 5 days into their paid user subscription = basically the same as above except with a 5 day duration and could run once daily.
  3. When a user cancels their paid subscription = `premium_status=false AND date_premium_cancel = within 1 day` AND then setup a regular campaign with a custom recurring send every 1 day.

Anyway, it seems like there are a bunch of different ways to execute this campaign and I'd very much appreciate anyone's advice about the simplest way to set this up.

Thanks in advance!

Back