Auto-completion of custom fields created for a list

Groundarker

Goodmorning everyone,
I hope all right over there guys!

I am writing to you because I need your help as I need predefined custom fields for the lists that I create that are self-filled once the user opens the newsletter.

The system is a bit like the one you have already made yourself by default for the IP_ADDRESS field which auto-populates once the user opens the email.

I need to set these fields by default which fill themselves once the user opens the email and clicks on the links of the newsletter sent:

- LAST OPENING DATE (practically the DATETIME of the last email opening made by a user)
- LAST CLICK DATE (also here a DATETIME this time on the click made on one of the links in the newsletter)
- LAST SENDING DATE (here instead a DATETIME to be inserted to all emails sent to a specific list / segment)
- GEO_STATE / GEO_CITY / GEO_COUNTRY (also here if it is possible to autocompile for all users who open an email the geolocation field)

Thanks in advance for your support and your work,
I await your news soon!

Currently we only support these:

Screenshot 2020-03-24 10.20.07.png
So you can use those tags as default value for the given field, which as you see, includes geo data as well.

For the other fields, i will add them for the upcoming release, so you'll have them in the near future.

Hey there @twisted1919, thanks as always for the rapid response!
But are these predefined fields valid only when the user signs up for the form? Instead, I asked if they can be self-filled even after sending a newsletter and not after registering on the created form.
it's possible?

I think that's also possible. If you set the default value, there is a cron job that runs and populates the fields with that value.
Just make sure you allow this by enabling "Custom fields sync" from backend > settings > cron.

Dear @twisted1919 ,
I come back here to give you feedback about what you suggested me to do.

Meanwhile, thank you for the advice and I confirm that it only worked for the following TAGS:
- SUBSCRIBER_GEO_COUNTRY
- SUBSCRIBER_GEO_STATE
- SUBSCRIBER_GEO_CITY

While I point out that the synchronization of the following custom fields did not work:
- SUBSCRIBER_USER_AGENT
- SUBSCRIBER_IP

While for the other TAGs that I requested:
- LAST OPENING DATE (practically the DATETIME of the last email opening made by a user)
- LAST CLICK DATE (also here a DATETIME this time on the click made on one of the links in the newsletter)
- LAST SENDING DATE (here instead a DATETIME to be inserted to all emails sent to a specific list / segment)

Can you confirm that they will be included in the next release that you will release? It is really important to have these functions for us, thank you very much for your support!

Greetings to all your incredible community!

Back