Attachment issue

PR Hacker

Hello all,

I'm having an issue with attachments in version 1.6.5. I've read the knowledge base article (https://forum.mailwizz.com/threads/how-to-add-an-attachment-with-campaign.2592/) and the forum posts. Attachments are enabled; I am able to upload attachments to the campaign. I can see them via SFTP; the permissions are correct; if I go back one step from the confirmation step, the attachments are there; if I clone the campaign, the attachments are there.

I created test campaigns and sent using both the Mandrill and Mailjet APIs; the messages sent and were received fine, but no attachments. Since I read that not all APIs support attachments (though both of these APIs due), I created new delivery servers: Mandrill SMTP, Gmail's SMTP and PHPMailer. All of the test campaigns sent fine, but none of them included the attachments (I tried with both a JPG and a PDF, just a JPG and just a PDF).

I logged at the application log, but didn't see anything relevant to attachments.

Thanks.

@PR Hacker - 1.6.5 is pretty old, there might be issues with this but we have no way to know, we're now at 1.8.6, so please upgrade first and see if the issue persists afterwards.

@PR Hacker - 1.6.5 is pretty old, there might be issues with this but we have no way to know, we're now at 1.8.6, so please upgrade first and see if the issue persists afterwards.

I have version 1.8.9, and I just experienced the missing attachment issue when sending a cloned campaign. My usual workflow is to create a campaign sent only to myself as a test. If everything is good, I clone the campaign and send it to the appropriate list. Today I noticed that no attachment was sent along with the cloned campaign, even though I double-checked that the attachment was set in the "Setup" tab.

I did another test to myself. I cloned my original campaign, wherein the attachment came through just fine, double-checked that the attachment was listed in the Setup tab, then sent the campaign to myself. No attachment came through! I next cloned the original campaign again, and this time went into the Setup tab and removed the listed attachment, then clicked the "Browse" button to locate and re-add the same file. This time, the attachment came through when the campaign was sent.

Do you really have to remove and re-upload attachments for every new campaign? Is this a possible bug?

Spoke too soon. The behavior seems to be inconsistent. It was including the attachment yesterday, when I was duplicating/resending the same campaign to myself. However, when I duplicated the campaign this morning and sent it to our internal group list, the attachment was left off. Where would I look for more info? I can't find anything in the Amazon SES dashboard. I don't see anything in the MailWizz backend that talks about attachments.

The last piece of the puzzle that could have something to do with it is our receiving mail server. We use Kerio Connect. I don't know if it may be stripping out attached files.

Any help would be appreciated! :)

@webcadre - this issue should have been fixed. If you're experiencing the issue, please open a support ticket and include access details and tell us the problematic campaign so we can check it and see what is going on.
@laurentiu - please double check this.

Back