Attach Form to MySQL

Dan O'Shea

I have created a registration form so that subscribers to a website can register. I can of course have this form post to Mailwizz which I prefer for the double opt in.

1. Is there a way I can tie in the mailwizz database table to the Users of the website?
2. I suppose the question is, where does the database table reside of this particular list?
3. Which raises the question, if a web visitor registers in a double opt-in list, I assume the registrant's information is not posted into the table until he opts in?
4. And does this appear doable?

Thank you!

<form action="http://mailer.theskywatergroup.com/index.php/lists/...../subscribe" method="post" accept-charset="utf-8" target="_blank">

<div class="form-group">
<label>First name</label>
<input type="text" class="form-control" name="FNAME" placeholder="" value=""/>
</div>

<div class="form-group">
<label>Last name <span class="required">*</span></label>
<input type="text" class="form-control" name="LNAME" placeholder="" value="" required />
</div>

<div class="form-group">
<label>Email <span class="required">*</span></label>
<input type="text" class="form-control" name="EMAIL" placeholder="" value="" required />
</div>

<div class="form-group">
<label>Phone Number <span class="required">*</span></label>
<input type="text" class="form-control" name="PHONE" placeholder="" value="" required />
</div>

<div class="clearfix"><!-- --></div>
<div class="actions">
<button type="submit" class="btn btn-primary btn-submit">Subscribe</button>
</div>
<div class="clearfix"><!-- --></div>

</form>​

Hi Dan,

For me it is still a lil' unclear regarding what you try to accomplish.
If the whole purpose is to have the subscriber registered in certain list while he doesn't leave your site, the the API is the solution you should be using. There's an example at https://github.com/twisted1919/mailwizz-php-sdk/blob/master/examples/ajax_subscribe.php which shows basically how you could subscribe a subscriber using your own form + the api + ajax.

Lemme know if i got this wrong.

Sorry, let me clarify.

I want to use a MySQL db to hold registered users - First Name, Last Name, Email, Phone Number, Username, Password.

But instead of having them register with a form where their contact info gets posted to the MySQL table, I want the form to post to the Mailwizz generated form from a new list I called "Website Registrants" so they have to double opt-in.

My question really, is there a table created in the Mailwizz application for that particular list? Hopefully yes, because I can have the website login form pointed to that Mailwizz list table of "Website Registrants".

I think this is clear?

Thanks!

Pretty much yes and you can/should do that with the API for this.

But, to give you answers, the table that holds the lists is called "mw_list" and the subscribers are stored in the table "mw_list_subscriber" which has a column called "list_id" where you can identify your list.
However, keep in mind that custom fields are stored separately, and here is the tricky part and why you should use the api, because fetching and populating those fields for a particular customer ain't going to be easy...

Thanks.

Back