Assigning delivery server to one customer and one customer only

wabaileyjr

(Using v 1.5.7)

Under delivery server, there is a customer tab with a customer and locked field which allows you to assign a customer to that delivery server and does not allow any other customer to use that delivery server. Good.

Problem. While ramping up, I have hourly and daily quota set for that server each day. When the customer assigned to this server reaches the quota limit, MailWizz THEN begins sending out email through OTHER delivery servers!

One way to limit which servers a customer can use is through the Customer Group setting. So I figured maybe I ALSO need to specifically assign this customer group to the same delivery server I've already attached him to above. But when I go to the Customer Group | Servers tab to select Delivery Server for this customer's group (he is the only one in the group), the delivery server I associated him with does not appear (nor does it appear for any other customer group). However, by not selecting any delivery server for his group, it apparently means that ANY delivery server is allowed after the customer reaches his primary assigned delivery server quota limit.

I need to be able to unique associate a customer with a delivery server such that not only can no other customer use that delivery server, BUT that customer also can't send out through any other server.

How can I do that?

Hello,
I think the best solution to enforce sending using only the customer assigned server is to set in the customer group Can send from system servers to NO.

Cosmin

Yes but this solution doesn't prevent other customers from using that server. I need that server to ONLY be usable by that one customer also. Otherwise, I would have to make sure that every customer group is assigned to at least one server because if a customer group isn't assigned at least server, then ALL servers are used. Right? Is there a way to require that a customer group be assigned to at least one server otherwise it can't send emails?

Yes but this solution doesn't prevent other customers from using that server.
You said that you assign it to a customer and locked it. That should make it available ONLY to that customer.

Yes you're right. My response misstated my problem. Assign a delivery server to a customer and locking it makes it available ONLY to that customer. The problem is that it doesn't limit my customer to that server.

Let me describe more clearly. I created a new delivery server and set a quota limit for the first day as part of my ramp up scheduled. I then assigned and locked that server to one customer. However, once that customer's campaign reached the quota limit, instead of pausing until the next day, it started sending out through other available servers even though I had assigned no other servers to that customer.

So the problem (again, which I misstated in my last response) isn't restricting a server to a single customer; it is ALSO restricting that customer to ONLY that server. I can't figure out how to do both as it appears what I did above still allowed the customer's campaign to switch to other active servers once the quota on it's assigned server was reached.

Yes you're right. My response misstated my problem. Assign a delivery server to a customer and locking it makes it available ONLY to that customer. The problem is that it doesn't limit my customer to that server.
My previous post saying this, is solving this problem:
I think the best solution to enforce sending using only the customer assigned server is to set in the customer group Can send from system servers to NO.
That means, if the customer is belonging to that group it will use only the delivery servers assign to it, or to the group. The same setting is at a higher level, if not using any groups in the Backend->Settings->Customers->Servers

Cosmin

That means, if the customer is belonging to that group it will use only the delivery servers assign to it, or to the group. The same setting is at a higher level, if not using any groups in the Backend->Settings->Customers->Servers
But how does this prevent any other customer group from ALSO being assigned to that server? I understand that if you use Customer Group | Servers to assign delivery server to a group, then that group will only use that server but how can I ALSO lock that server so no other customer group can use it? It seems that you do that in the Delivery Servers | Customer setting by exclusively assigning a Customer to that server so no other customer can use it. But it also seems this setting is mutually exclusive to the Customer Group | Servers settings. In other words, you can't BOTH set the customer in the Delivery Server setting AND set the delivery server in the Customer Groups | Servers setting.

Again, in my case, I exclusively assigned a delivery server to a customer, but that customer's campaign still ended up using OTHER servers after the quota was reached.

On a related note, because exclusively assigning a server to a customer does not appear to prevent that customer from also sending through other servers once the first server quota is met, I changed the settings by going to Customer Group | Servers to assign the server to the Customer Group so it would not use other servers (this was after REMOVING the customer from the delivery server).

Today, the campaign is repeating the same behavior as yesterday. After completing the quota, it continues on to other servers. I suspect this is because I can't change these settings AFTER the campaign has started. I think it is still using the old settings. Is there a way to force it to refresh the new settings for the remainder of the campaign or whatever delivery server settings are in place when a campaign begins is what I'm stuck with?

@wabaileyjr - if you assign a delivery server to a customer, then that server will only be used by that customer, so that's half of your problems solved. The other half is that the customer itself can use other servers as well for delivery, so if you want to prevent this as well, if you put the customer in a group that is not allowed to send from system servers, then it should prevent the user sending from other servers that aren't his.
At least that's the theory behind it.

I suspect this is because I can't change these settings AFTER the campaign has started.
You can BUT if the campaign is running, then all those settings are loaded in memory, so you need to wait for it to finish, or pause it for a bit and restart it.

Back