API Update Custom Field For Unconfirmed Subscribers

Scott

I'm getting a 404 error when trying to update custom fields via the API for unconfirmed subscribers.

There are situations in my funnel in which I would like to update the custom field for subscriber before they confirm.

For example after an optin I recommend one of my products to purchase on the next page (same page where I tell them to go confirm their email), and they might purchase that product before they go and confirm their email.

With the current way the system is setup I'm unable to tag that new subscriber as a buyer if they purchase before confirming.

Unless it's something to do with the backend, I can't think of a good reason why we shouldn't be able to update custom fields for unconfirmed subscribers.

Thanks.

I'm getting a 404 error when trying to update custom fields via the API for unconfirmed subscribers.
Check this article how to use update subscriber via api: https://api-docs.mailwizz.com/#update-a-subscriber you can update a subscriber custom field if his status is unconfirmed.

Bellow two examples:

Code:
$response = $endpoint->update('vs081qgd996b1', 'lc829d7exzf34', array(
    'UPDATE'  => 'test',
));

Also you can update subscriber by email address:

Code:
$response = $endpoint->updateByEmail('vs081qgd996b1', 'john.doe@doe.com', array(
    'UPDATE'  => 'test',
));

Back