API and attachment

wasabi

Hi,
about document api read for "campains" and "transictional" it's not possibile to send attachment. Why?
Someone has a solution/idea/fix ?
Thanks a lot.

That's correct, the API cannot handle attachments for now, maybe in future, no guarantee though.

This is a problem for us. Big problem. We use our backend for all customers and we want use mailwiz like a hub to send emails. Our backend has a template builder, user manage and much more. The half of customers use sendgrid or mailgun with attachments. If you permit in mailwizz to send with attachment and exist the api to create, edit and send a campaign... this function missing in api! This function must exists because the api is a mirror of mailwizz web interface.
Can you give an alternative/solution without 2 login in 2 different sistems?

Can you give an alternative/solution without 2 login in 2 different sistems?
You can hire a developer, or develop yourself if you know PHP. It's just a matter of duplicating the controllers in your app in api area, give them a new name and make your desired changes, then call those new controllers instead ours.

This function must exists because the api is a mirror of mailwizz web interface.
Unfortunately no, it is not a mirror, the campaign creation from the web interface is a super complex feature.
With the API we only want to give people basic functionality, that's all.

No, I prefer don't touch your project but i thinked something more easy.... mailwizz and our backend are in the same server... You can confermate if i can do a insert query into "campaign_attachment" ad put the file in the correct directory ? I must to do another query?

Yes, undestood but for example in the api don't exist possibility to set Opt in and Opt out. Ok not for all functions but about the important things? This request it's more easy to improve it.

. You can confermate if i can do a insert query into "campaign_attachment" ad put the file in the correct directory ? I must to do another query?
Yes, you can run an insert query.

Ok not for all functions but about the important things?
If you take a look at all the features of the campaigns in the web interface, you will see the api only does around 10% of all.

Great!

About api... opt in ad opt out it's very important to personalize our backend. A solution or possibility to upgrade mailwizz?

. opt in ad opt out
You should be able to set the opt-in and opt-out type via the API directly, following the example at:
https://api-docs.mailwizz.com/#lists-create
PHP:
$response = $endpoint->create(array(
   'general' => array(
       'name'          => 'My list created from the API', // required
       'description'   => 'This is a test list, created from the API.', // required
      'opt_in' => 'double', // THIS
      'opt_out' => 'single', // THIS
   ),
));
// and get the response
print_r($response->body);

Back