Another Stuck in Processing

chuck808

Hi Guys,

Noob alert! I set everything up as best as I could following the guides, meaning that all my settings are more or less the default, and started to send my first Campaign after testing. Everything seemed to be working fine, that is emails were getting sent and I could see that people were opening the emails.

When it got to 1% it got stuck in Processing and after reading the posts on here and trying various solutions it is still stuck. Cron jobs seem fine, I have lowered my memory usage, nothing obvious (to me at least) in any of the logs and nothing at all in the App log.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you for such a great application.

@chuck808 - Have a look in Backend > Misc > Application log, do you see any error related to mysql ?
Also, can you show us your delivery settings from Backend > Settings > Cron ?
And lastly, is this a shared hosting or a VPS ?

Hi @twisted1919 ,

Thanks for getting back to me. There is absolutely nothing in the Application Logs, completely blank.

Cron Jobs list:-

Campaigns sender, runs each minute. * * * * * /usr/bin/php-cli -q /home/pgwmailc/public_html/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns >/dev/null 2>&1
Transactional email sender, runs once at 2 minutes. */2 * * * * /usr/bin/php-cli -q /home/pgwmailc/public_html/apps/console/console.php send-transactional-emails >/dev/null 2>&1
Bounce handler, runs once at 10 minutes. */10 * * * * /usr/bin/php-cli -q /home/pgwmailc/public_html/apps/console/console.php bounce-handler >/dev/null 2>&1
Feedback loop handler, runs once at 20 minutes. */20 * * * * /usr/bin/php-cli -q /home/pgwmailc/public_html/apps/console/console.php feedback-loop-handler >/dev/null 2>&1
Delivery/Bounce processor, runs once at 3 minutes. */3 * * * * /usr/bin/php-cli -q /home/pgwmailc/public_html/apps/console/console.php process-delivery-and-bounce-log >/dev/null 2>&1
Various tasks, runs each hour. 0 * * * * /usr/bin/php-cli -q /home/pgwmailc/public_html/apps/console/console.php hourly >/dev/null 2>&1
Daily cleaner, runs once a day. 0 0 * * * /usr/bin/php-cli -q /home/pgwmailc/public_html/apps/console/console.php daily >/dev/null 2>&1

Th hosting is with Arvixe, so I guess its shared, though with unlimited everything (more or less).

If you need anything else please let me know.

Thanks

Sorry, my bad. Sent the wrong thing

Delivery settings

Memory limit – 1 Gigabyte
Campaigns at once - 100
Subscribers at once - 100
Send at once - 0
Pause - 10
Emails per minute - 0
Change server at - 0
Max. Bounce rate - -1
Parallel sending via PCNTL – Yes
Campaigns in parallel - 5
Subscriber batches in parallel – 5

Settings for processing bounce servers
Memory limit – System Default
Servers at once - 10
Emails at once - 500
Pause - 5
Days back - 3
Action against subscriber – Unsubscribe

Settings for processing Delivery and Bounce logs
Process at once - 100
Max. fatal errors - 1
Max. soft errors - 5
Max. hard bounce - 1
Max. soft bounce - 5

Subscribers settings
Unsubscribe days - 30
Unconfirm days - 3
Blacklisted days - 0

Can you disable pcntl and let the app run for a while and see if the problem persists (make sure you reset the campaign status) ?
Also, maybe read this meanwhile.

OK, done all that.
Was Sending for a couple of minutes then went back to Processing.
Still nothing at all in the App Log. However, in the View campaigns delivery logs I am getting the following -

Failed to authenticate on SMTP server with username "info@mydomain.com" using 2 possible authenticators

Sent
Yes

Processed Status
Giveup

Which I assume means that some emails are being sent before stopping.

This may be relevant -
problem.png
LISTED SPAMCANNIBAL

Crap, just found out my hosting only allows me to send a maximum of 1000 emails per hour, which is obviously what is happening when I re-start the campaign - sends a 1000 emails then goes into processing mode, I will leave it running for an hour and see if it sends another 1000. Also, probably, the reason for getting blacklisted.

Looks as though I need a new host.

@twisted1919 erm thanks? unless I'm missing something (which I probably am) the link you provided is to a demonstration for the Update process or as Penny once told Sheldon, 'Sweetie, I know you think you'er explaining yourself, but you're not.' :D

Just assume you are talking to the Village Idiot :confused:

Hello there,

My emails are also getting stuck in processing.

Under the the application logs I see these issues:

2023/01/19 18:07:22 [error] [application] CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away
2023/01/19 18:06:06 [error] [application] The header record does not exist or is empty at offset: `0`
2023/01/19 18:08:06 [error] [application] The header record does not exist or is empty at offset: `0`
2023/01/19 18:09:06 [error] [application] The header record does not exist or is empty at offset: `0`
2023/01/19 18:10:06 [error] [application] The header record does not exist or is empty at offset: `0`
2023/01/19 18:12:06 [error] [application] The header record does not exist or is empty at offset: `0`
2023/01/19 18:12:22 [error] [system.db.CDbCommand] CDbCommand::fetch() failed: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away. The SQL statement executed was: SELECT * FROM `mw_list` `t` WHERE `t`.`list_uid`=:yp0 AND `t`.`status`=:yp1 LIMIT 1.
2023/01/19 18:12:22 [error] [application] CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away
2023/01/19 18:12:22 [error] [system.db.CDbCommand] CDbCommand::fetch() failed: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away. The SQL statement executed was: SELECT * FROM `mw_console_command` `t` WHERE `t`.`command`=:yp0 LIMIT 1.
2023/01/19 18:12:22 [error] [application] CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away
2023/01/19 18:11:06 [error] [application] The header record does not exist or is empty at offset: `0`
2023/01/19 18:13:06 [error] [application] The header record does not exist or is empty at offset: `0`
2023/01/19 18:14:06 [error] [application] The header record does not exist or is empty at offset: `0`
2023/01/19 18:15:06 [error] [application] The header record does not exist or is empty at offset: `0`

Here is my setup

I am using a free vps from Oracle but it has 12gb ram and 2ocpu I think it is enough to run mailwizz.
It is runing with hestia control panel.
php version is 8.0
mysql is 15.1
MariaDB is 10.6.8

I have 56 delivery servers sending 8 mails per hours for each.

cron jobs are working fine

I also tried to disable PCNTL

There is also an anomaly. Even tho I paused campaign, can't edit the mail list. It is greyed out.
1674153373624.png

Problem occured 3-4 days ago yesterday I updated MailWizz but it's not solved.

Sorry if I am putting too much unrelated info, I am trying to give as much as detail to solve issue.

Thanks in advance.

Hi after optimization db error is gone but in app log I am still getting following error:
2023/01/20 10:47:05 [error] [application] The header record does not exist or is empty at offset: `0`

And campaigns are still getting stuck in the proccessing :/ this campaign has more than 3K receiver. I ran another campaign with 70 receiver and it's worked fine.

Hello,
That error is thrown by the CSV reader, is not related to the sending of the campaigns. Can you please open a support ticket?

Cosmin

Back