Amazon SMTP issues with AOL, Gmail, Yahoo

Stratagem

Hello,

I have been reading all I can about Amazon SES and SMTP here. I can't get SES to work so far (various errors with validation). And SMTP I can verify and send test campaigns. However, I cannot get any emails delivered to AOL, Yahoo, or Gmail so far.

I have sent a dozen tests and I usually get the below error which results in the emails landing on the blacklist. However, I know these emails work and receive mails as I have logged into them all a dozen times looking for the tests and sent emails back and forth between them.

I'm on a VPS and have successfully sent emails using ports 25 and 587 (Currently 587). Test emails to my own domains arrive without problem such as the validation email and the test campaigns. I do have DKIM set and verified at Amazon. I have tried sending from the server domain as well as from a separate from email@domain.com - both of which are DKIM verified.

Regardless of what I have tried I get errors like the following. Is this related to Amazon, Mailwizz settings, or my VPS?

Thanks for any help.

Expected response code 250 but got code "554", with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. " Log data: ++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport << 220 email-smtp.amazonaws.com ESMTP SimpleEmailService-1159085713 Rh3rNbwMHooGF8DRre6p >> EHLO mydomain.com << 250-email-smtp.amazonaws.com 250-8BITMIME 250-SIZE 10485760 250-STARTTLS 250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN 250 Ok >> STARTTLS << 220 Ready to start TLS >> EHLO mydomain.com << 250-email-smtp.amazonaws.com 250-8BITMIME 250-SIZE 10485760 250-STARTTLS 250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN 250 Ok >> AUTH LOGIN << 334 VXNlcm5hbWU6 >> QUtJQUpEVU9XRk5RUVZNSVpGV1E= << 334 UGFzc3dvcmQ6 >> QXYvemQ2di9qeklhYkV3QnhOL2N3ZWhSY1hjUHlra0hrMTJoZElEancybmk= << 235 Authentication successful. ++ Swift_SmtpTransport started >> MAIL FROM: <news@mydomain.com> << 250 Ok >> RCPT TO: <emailname@aol.com> << 250 Ok >> DATA << 354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF> >> . << 554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. !! Expected response code 250 but got code "554", with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. "

The above means you don't have production access for amazon and because of that you can only send emails to verified email address that you add into your amazon account.
Once you ask and get production access, you'll be able to email anyone.

Also, you'll want to use the API implementation for amazon, so instead of Amazon SMTP, use Amazon Web API because that processes the bounces automatically. See here how to generate a proper amazon user to use with amazon web api.

Ty.

Back