Amazon SES sending Limit

Eric535

With amazon I can send 100,000 emails daily. But today I think im going to go over by 10,000. What happens at that point? Do the remainder get delivered the next day?

Nope, mailwizz doesn't check the quota at amazon.
From next release we have implemented the daily quota check, so you can set 100k for daily quota and mailwizz will not send more than this, meanwhile, is up to you to keep track, maybe by using a hourly quota by dividing 100k/24.

Will MW give any type of error or notification letting you know which emails didnt make it?
You either get campaign paused if no quota is available from your DS as set in mwz, or the non-sent ones get GiveUp status, at which point you can use AHK's extension and re-send them. Next version is said to be able to resend.
[PS: Almost posted same time, was already writing it when new post came up, but hey, different angle adds options ;)]

Nope, mailwizz doesn't check the quota at amazon.
From next release we have implemented the daily quota check, so you can set 100k for daily quota and mailwizz will not send more than this, meanwhile, is up to you to keep track, maybe by using a hourly quota by dividing 100k/24.
That would be great.

I setup some segments to filter out the free services like gmail, yahoo, comcast etc. Hopefully it will keep me under my sending limits. I also sent amazon a request about an hour ago to adjust it for me.

Good idea!

Sometimes they are very quick, and 10k should be no deal, since is is only 10% more than usual ;)

Thanks. I like to filter those free email services anyways because its easier for them to do a complaint with amazon LOL

Thanks for your help.

Hi,
I was looking for such topic , not to re-open a new topic.
Currently I have 160k emails, but my Amazon SES currently limited with 100k emails per 24 hour period and 28 emails/second :(
In this case, at backend side what settings do I need to make for my 160k emails for not to exceed Amazon's limit? They can be delivered in 2 days, no problem. If you share some screen shots what need to do exactly or write here, I will really appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance.
Regards,

Last edited:
Hi,
I was looking for such topic , not to re-open a new topic.
Currently I have 160k emails, but my Amazon SES currently limited with 100k emails per 24 hour period and 28 emails/second :(
In this case, at backend side what settings do I need to make for my 160k emails for not to exceed Amazon's limit? They can be delivered in 2 days, no problem. If you share some screen shots what need to do exactly or write here, I will really appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance.
Regards,
I asked them (amazon) to raise my daily limit and they did it for me :)

- Just edit your delivery server and set the right daily quota ;)
Is that simple... :) So, in day one sends 100k and day2 sends other 60k.. Okay.. What about hourly limit instead of daily limit in my case depending on your best practise ?

I asked them (amazon) to raise my daily limit and they did it for me :)
Actually I asked them, They just did these limits... 100k emails per 24 hour period and 28 emails/second.. I think they are right because account is not so old, that's why..

Is that simple... :) So, in day one sends 100k and day2 sends other 60k.. Okay.. What about hourly limit instead of daily limit in my case depending on your best practise ?

Actually I asked them, They just did these limits... 100k emails per 24 hour period and 28 emails/second.. I think they are right because account is not so old, that's why..
Gotcha

Back