Amazon SES question / monetization

Asynchrym

Hello Mailwizz user,
I bought Mailwizz to provide a solid e-mail solution for my clients.
I also bought the plugin for monetization.

Unfortunately, I have a problem setting up the delivery server. Maybe I also have a thought error.

I would like to use Amazon SES as a delivery server - I have already set up and configured ASES.

Well, how is that?
In the Customer Options I have set up that users can send through the system server. That's how it should be. Users should not have to configure their own servers.
The only thing the customer should do is to verify the domains (via DKIM and SPF / CNAME) in order to send them.

Unfortunately, that does not really work yet.
Can I even realize this via Amazon SES?

I'm just a bit unsure about that.

Perhaps you can help me.

Thank you and best regards,
Chris

In the Customer Options I have set up that users can send through the system server. That's how it should be. Users should not have to configure their own servers.
That's correct and that's how things work.

The only thing the customer should do is to verify the domains (via DKIM and SPF / CNAME) in order to send them.
Because the way amazon ses works, if you want to use different senders, you need to use different email delivery servers, because each delivery server must be for a verified email address.
This is why you can either add new sending servers to match new senders, or have customers add them themselves, either way, mailwizz covers this use case.

Remember, you can have a generic email address, i.e: mailer@domain.com and have a delivery server for it and then all emails go out through that address/server.
If some of your customers want to send from their own email addresses, you will have to confirm those addresses and then add new delivery servers for those addresses.

Thank you for your fast reply!

So I need to verify the customers adress manually in Amazon SES?
Should I use another server provider?

What do you recommend in this case?

So I need to verify the customers adress manually in Amazon SES?
Yes.
Should I use another server provider?
I don't see a reason why, amazon is pretty good.
What do you recommend in this case?
Most of the email providers will have you verify either the domain or the email address, so you don't have that many options.
If you want to bypass these limitations, you'll need to setup your own smtp server and configure it to let any email address in the FROM header.

I don't see a reason why, amazon is pretty good.
Yes, it´s pretty good and really solid, but I need the system to work to work automatic.
I I have 10 new customers a day I don´t want to verify each of his domains / adresses in amazon ses.

you'll need to setup your own smtp server and configure it to let any email address in the FROM header.
Can you recommend some ressources for this? How would you do this in combination with mailwizz? Or can cou recommend a SMTP as a Service which can do this?

There is really no way to do this with Amazon SES? :(

Last edited:
There is really no way to do this with Amazon SES?
Not just amazon, most of paid services will request validation. This is how spam is being avoided. Otherwise people can send in behalf of any domain.

Can you recommend some ressources for this?
PMTA comes in my mind now, but also people say Postal is pretty solid: https://github.com/atech/postal
There are others as well, you just have to do a little research.
Since they are all smtp servers, you add them as such in mailwizz.

Back