Amazon SES API Delivery Server: "Fallback" if senderaddress not verified

Hello,

I'm sending out Autoresponders with MW and for that using Amazon SES API service as delivery server. Considering that Amazon SES requires every sender address to be verified within their system before it is used for sending out and I'm using a bunch of them and can not guarantee that every single sender address is verified, I would like to know the behaviour of MW if it catches a non-verified sender address. I would add a second delivery server in my autoresponder campaigns (an smtp server on the same host where I installed MW) and select both of them. Will MW then use the 2nd DS if a sender address is not verified in Amazon-SES-API and thus gets back an error for the same email or will the email get lost?

Thank you for your help and to better understand the procedure MW works like.

would like to know the behaviour of MW if it catches a non-verified sender address
Mailwizz will try to deliver, will get an error from amazon and will abort sending but it will also try to use another delivery server for sending the next emails and if it can find one, then you'd have one email in giveup status which will be retried in the next run, so simply put, mailwizz will do it's best to find a way to deliver your email.

Hello twisted1919 and thank you for your quick response.

If I understand you right, if in one run (triggered by apps/console/console.php send-campaigns >/dev/null 2>&1 every minute?) just one sender address of the queued emails is not verified in Amazon-SES the complete remaining currently queued emails (for this run) of this (autoresponder-)campaign will be redirected to the 2nd delivery server? In the next run, the before email with the non-verified sender address will then also send out with the 2nd DS and all the other new queued emails will first of all be tried to send with SES?

I would need to achieve that the remaining emails of the current run are still sent out by SES but every "non-verified sender address" will be marked for the 2nd DS (non-SES) for the next run.

Additional question: When I define delivery servers directly in campaigns MW will process them from up to down (take the top one as first and then going down to the bottommost)?

Last edited:
Problem is we cannot guarantee that in the second run the emails which previously failed will be sent with a different server. We can do it only for the current run, because we simply remove that server from the pool of available servers for that batch of sending, both other batches and/or separate runs might use it, with success or error (case in which we start again like explained)

Problem is we cannot guarantee that in the second run the emails which previously failed will be sent with a different server. We can do it only for the current run, because we simply remove that server from the pool of available servers for that batch of sending, both other batches and/or separate runs might use it, with success or error (case in which we start again like explained)
With which code could one tell a campaign to use only one particular DS ID (and ignore all other DS IDs)?
If that was possible (in a way it must be available since DS selection is available in camp setup), then the whole scheduling/prioritization of which DS to use when could be solved it seems.
What is in the way of this (except time)?

With the current standard sending behaviour of MW we have the additional problem, if for example the second email address of a batch/run (with some hundreds or more of emails to send) is not verified as sender adress in Amazon-SES the complete batch will not send via SES even if all other emails are correctly verified sender addresses in SES. On top of this, if I use SES as the only DS for a campaign the complete sending will stuck just because 1 email is not a correctly verified sender!?

Wouldn't it be a better (an maybe simple) approach, if one (or more) email address(es) in a run/batch can't be send by a specific DS (SES in this case) to just mark that email adress(es) as "non-sendable with this DS" for the next run and keep sending the remaining emails of the current run with the preferred DS? And if there is just 1 DS, retry sending for the failed ones e.g. 2 times (next runs) and then give up and mark as failed.

That is also the process I urgently need. Hopefully the approach of frm.mwz can bring us the solution or maybe it's not that much (coding) effort to change the sending behaviour of MW from the current one to the one we need?

Thank you guys.

Back