All Emails Going To Spam - Can Someone Help Debug?

Alex Read

Hi

All my emails are going to spam.

1) I've warmed up the email. 50 per day, week 1, 100 per day week 2, 200 per day week 3.
- these domains have only sent 800 emails, but at 500 mark I noticed the open rates plummet so assume that's when they started going to spam.
2) Here's a copy of the gmail show original: https://pastebin.com/UMzR5BSQ
3) DKIM, SPF, DMARC = pass.
4) Using Elastic Email as sending server.
5) Tested emails sending with Mailgun - also goes to spam.
6) Sending to verified emails.
7) this is the from email address: kath@mail2-kathreadwrites.agency
8) here's the email copy.
Email Copy.jpg
9) Email get's 8.9/10 on https://www.mail-tester.com/test-of1wo
10) I tested a small text message with no links. It also goes to spam.
11) IN Goolge Postmaster tools - it shows as domain rep = bad.
(I assume this is the issue)
But all spam rates, and others are fine.
Not sure why it would get a bad domain rep so quickly.

My questions:
1) What's the next step to debug?
2) What did I miss so that this domain seems to go to spam!

Last edited:
Can you explain more? I don't quite follow. It's got 9/10 on mail tester so email content isn't spammy.

What do you mean by "try some public email build and create More complicated"?

Can you explain more? I don't quite follow. It's got 9/10 on mail tester so email content isn't spammy.

What do you mean by "try some public email build and create More complicated"?
Mail tester isn't an important factor. Most likely your problem with Gmail. When you send a plain text email, you have more chance to be in the inbox tab (rather of promotional email), On the other hand, many spammers also send plain text emails. Therefore increases the chance of spamming.
When you use a famous email builder that lot's of brand and marketer (with a good reputation), your email will be known better.

Email content is one of the key factors in the ESP artificial intelligence for identifies spam email on email services. With this method, you approach your email content to good reputation content that is known.
This way you hide behind the good record of others.
Clearly more, let's Check out the email output of one of these programs: https://pastebin.com/XEj0CQPm
You've probably got most of the codes and assets are the same.
Try using this method and if it doesn't work for you,
Need more info and discussion. contact me on skype.

Hi

All my emails are going to spam.

[...]

My questions:
1) What's the next step to debug?
2) What did I miss so that this domain seems to go to spam!

I am having the exact same problem, and for a couple months already. For testing, I am using glockapps.com which provides some more detailed information than mail-tester.com - at least I actually see that my emails land in spam while mail-tester shows a score of 9.5/10.

I have tried so many things it would not fit into this thread: changing emails, domains, new linux server for MW, new MW installation, new hosting provider for my domains, sending domains having unique websites, new MW domain, new everything. With the kind help of MW developer, I have tested sending with SOME and ALL headers removed from MW. They still landed in spam.

Sadly, I still have not found the reason for this issue - however, I know for sure by now that this is somehow related to sending through my own MW installation: whether this is being MW domain, my linux server, server IP or something else.

I found this when I tried sending test emails through the ESP's web interface - from the exact same sending email, exact same message subject and body, everything identical. Exact same emails sent through the ESP's web dashboard land in INBOX (and the open rates are good as usual), while exact same emails, through the exact same ESP, sent through Mailwizz, land in spam (extremely low open rates of course).

Now, in no way I am saying Mailwizz, as an app, has anything to do with this. It is more likely that my setup (server, IP, whatever) is the reason - however, I have not found what, just yet, despite of trying everything I could think of, so far. I believe I will, someday, cause I keep on testing different things daily. For now, I am sticking with sending through the web dashboard.

I would be happy to connect with you and see maybe we could share some ideas and perform some different tests - please pm me your skype ID if interested (I am not allowed to pm here just yet..)

Added and verified - it shows low/bad domain rep.

My experience over the past few weeks has been that any and all domains I add to MW for sending, get their emails land in spam the same or the next day even with zero complaint rate.

Domains I use for sending outside of MW, do not have this happen.

It feels like something gets the domains "infected" when sending through MW, I just haven't found what exactly. It's not the complaint rate because they get to spam even with zero complaints...

What does your domain reputation show on postmaster tools?

it shows low/bad domain rep -> there's your problem.

Now to figure out what causes it. I wonder if it's Gmail who measures email reply rates.

I would think so BUT as I said, emails land in INBOX when sent outside of MW. This is what makes the whole situation and trying to find the cause of the issue so confusing - my open rates are very good when sent outside of MW.

My reply rates are anywhere between 3-5%, I would think this is not very low?

Have you tried sending outside of MW, just to see?

Maybe try with a new domain outside of MW and see if Google gives you a low rep as well. If not, then you know it's a MW issue.

Have you tried sending outside of MW, just to see?
Not Yet.

I'm still trying to work out the cause myself. I think it's open rates but waiting for an expert to chime in to this thread.

Maybe try with a new domain outside of MW and see if Google gives you a low rep as well. If not, then you know it's a MW issue.

I will try this. Will setup sending from a new domain never used on MW, through ESP dashboard, and see if it has good reputation on postmaster tools.

Why do you think they give a low rep for your domain? what has your sending history been, for this domain?

1) I've warmed up the email. 50 per day, week 1, 100 per day week 2, 200 per day week 3.
- these domains have only sent 800 emails, but at 500 mark I noticed the open rates plummet so assume that's when they started going to spam.

I tried warming up the emails as well - 40 per day then 80 per day, etc - some emails started landing in spam while still sending 40 per day... I've noticed no difference in slow warm up vs more aggressive - the end result was the same...

Please let us know how it goes for you when you try sending through a web app (ESP).

send pm on
I tried warming up the emails as well - 40 per day then 80 per day, etc - some emails started landing in spam while still sending 40 per day... I've noticed no difference in slow warm up vs more aggressive - the end result was the same...

Please let us know how it goes for you when you try sending through a web app (ESP).
send pm me on skype: majid1f and let's check it together.

Hi All,

I am very interested in this topic. Have you been able to resolve the problem? If yes what you steps to debug? And resolution?

Three things definitely help:
#0 no generic content
#1 genuine clicks (no fakery, no bots)
#2 genuine replies (real human natural language answers which then also puts up a new contact)
#3 sent from whitelisted IP network
;)

#0 = can you explain a little further? Do you mean each email should be unique/personalised in some way?
#1 = done.
#2 = I think here is the secret.
#3 = sent from elastic email. Assume it's a whitelisted IP network as that's their core offering.

I'll try with a new email and fix #0 & #2 and see how it goes. :)

Back