Adding name dynamically in campaign

Gore

As mentioned in the screenshot, is it possible to change from name and from email dynamically as per subscriber custom fields ?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 5.28.49 am.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 5.28.49 am.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 58
@Gore You can do that. Just give the desired custom tag name. Clicking on the "Available tags" link near to the "To Name" field will reveal the usable tag names. See the attached screenshot for an example.

@twisted1919 IMO, adding the "Available tags" link near to these fields will avoid confusions. Also, it's better if the newly added global custom tags can also be referenced from there :) . It's good for spamming.. lol :D

Attachments

• tag.png
    tag.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
@VVT @twisted1919 BUMP !
Tried using [SENDER]@[LIST_NAME] for my from email and I get an error saying --
From email is not a valid email address (even after the tag has been parsed)

Sender is the name and list name is the domain (example.com)
When I do [SENDER]@example.com it saves fine but when I add [LIST_NAME], it shows the validation error.
Any way to fix this ? :(

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 8.47.11 am.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 8.47.11 am.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 34
Probably it can't merge the tag values ? Why not create a new field in the list with desired from email and call it directly ?

Yea I would do that but have like 200 lists and each subscriber has a dynamic FROM email.
Was hoping it would be possible to merge tag values like that :(

Also I just observed that all my emails have the FROM in the delivery server AWS Web API info overriding my actual FROM field on the campaign. How do I fix that ?

But something like the attached will work (tested !).

Attachments

• tag1.png
    tag1.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 47
Yes correct but I am actually dynamically changing the domain information as well per subscriber so need something like
[NAME]@[DOMAIN] to work somehow :s

Make sure [DOMAIN] is a field with valid domain syntax. It should work - I didn't test though, but I remember I have used such format once.

Regarding AWS, I have no idea, @twisted1919 can help !

Cool, I didn't read your question completely actually. I did a [FNAME]@[LIST_NAME] test and din't work. But the merging was done perfectly on "to name" and "subject" fields. So logically it should have worked for "From email" as well. :)

[LIST_NAME] is a valid domain name.

Hey @twisted1919 ,

Like @VVT mentioned, the tag combination is a valid email address but it still doesn't work in the from field.
Cool, I didn't read your question completely actually. I did a [FNAME]@[LIST_NAME] test and din't work. But the merging was done perfectly on "to name" and "subject" fields. So logically it should have worked for "From email" as well. :)

Also I just observed that all my emails have the FROM in the delivery server AWS Web API info overriding my actual FROM field on the campaign. How do I fix that ?

Like @VVT mentioned, the tag combination is a valid email address but it still doesn't work in the from field.
Ok, i'll look in the code as soon as i have a chance and see what's the deal.
Some providers don't let you spoof the FROM email address. Amazon is one of them.

@Ariel Blanco - This was a while ago but i took care of it in the dev version so next release should have this fixed and properly working, till then, you'll have to wait...

Back