Access Custom Tags / Fields

Jamie Whittingham

Hi @twisted1919

I'm playing around with an Ext .... when a subscriber is being subscribed to a list, I'd like to run a few checks and tasks. One of these tasks is adding some data into a custom tag / field but im not sure how to do this.

Could you please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately there's no direct way to do this atm.
What i can do at most, is to add new action that you can hook into, something like:
Code:
// available prefixes for each app you want this to run into: frontend_, backend_, api_, console_,
Yii::app()->hooks->addAction('frontend_model_list_subscriber_aftersave', function(ListSubscriber $subscriber){
    // do whatever with $subscriber here.
});

Jamie Whittingham

So if my limited understanding of Yii ...... is correct

$subscriber
would be an array of all data relating to the subscriber?
If this is the case then it would / should / could contain the custom data field values? and I would be abe to update themand then save the $subscriber array back into the DB?

Is this correct?

Thanks

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
$subscriber would be an instance of ListSubscriber, so you can then do:
Code:
$subscriber->loadAllCustomFieldsWithValues();
to get back an array where the keys are the custom fields names and the values are the custom field values.

If you look inside apps/common/models/ListSubscriber.php you'll see more info about the subscriber custom fields.

frm.mwz

$subscriber would be an instance of ListSubscriber, so you can then do:
Code:
$subscriber->loadAllCustomFieldsWithValues();
to get back an array where the keys are the custom fields names and the values are the custom field values.

If you look inside apps/common/models/ListSubscriber.php you'll see more info about the subscriber custom fields.
and after these fields and their values are changed, how is that written back to the $subscriber (and hence the dbf)?