Abuse reports not working

corey34

The abuse reports seems to not be working. SPAM complaints are abuse reports, correct?

I can definitely see a few spam complaints by looking in my Sparkpost account, but they do not show up in my Mailwizz account. WHere would I look to figuring out what is causing this?

Thanks

Mailwizz unsubscribes the people that sent spam-complaints, so have a look for those emails in the unsubscribes list.

Right, that makes sense. I guess I am wondering if abuse reports is supposed to be tracking that? Currently all my campaigns are at 0.

Maybe I can give you an idea of what I am trying to do and maybe there is an even better way to do this.

I am using Mailwizz as a service. I have multiple customers and I want to be able to monitor them to make sure they are not sending campaigns with high bounce rates and spam rates. I need to monitor so that I can suspend bad senders. Is there a simple way for me to see that a sender (or specific campaign) has a high spam or bounce rate? I use Sparkpost and in order for me to meet their requirements as a service provider (which gives me some extra advantages), I need to have some process in place that monitors bad senders.

Thanks.

I am using Mailwizz as a service. I have multiple customers and I want to be able to monitor them to make sure they are not sending campaigns with high bounce rates and spam rates. I need to monitor so that I can suspend bad senders. Is there a simple way for me to see that a sender (or specific campaign) has a high spam or bounce rate? I use Sparkpost and in order for me to meet their requirements as a service provider (which gives me some extra advantages), I need to have some process in place that monitors bad senders.

You can set campaign max bounce to 2% (avg hard bounce rates is 1.5%) so if a campaign reached 2% bounces it will blocked. also enable Blacklist words and add some spammy keywords, so if a client included one of those words the campaign will get blocked.

Also don't allow them to import lists unless you verify them.

You can set campaign max bounce to 2% (avg hard bounce rates is 1.5%) so if a campaign reached 2% bounces it will blocked.
Good Idea. What happens if a customer has a campaign hit above 2%? Can they send a new email? Or will I need to do something to allow them to start sending again? And is there a way to overwrite and allow the campaign to still go out, if I were to decide to allow it?

also enable Blacklist words and add some spammy keywords, so if a client included one of those words the campaign will get blocked.
Another great idea. Do you have a list of suggestions that could help me get a list started?

Also don't allow them to import lists unless you verify them.
We have a process in place for this but some sort of verification might be beneficial as well. Is there a good service that does this sort of thing?

Thanks

One more thing: is there a similar way to set a maximum spam rate, like you are referring to above for max bounce?

Thank you.

The one thing I can't figure out though, is how to determine SPAM complaints only. Is there a way to see spam complaints per campaign?

Investigating into this further, I see what appears to be hard bounces being categorized as soft bounces. I have 550 and 571 codes being categorized as soft.

how to determine SPAM complaints only. Is there a way to see spam complaints per campaign?
Investigating into this further, I see what appears to be hard bounces being categorized as soft bounces. I have 550 and 571 codes being categorized as soft.

This may not be perfect, e.g. due to fbl rules evolving, but in list view, looking at subscribers, opening the filters, you can select by campaign, then further down select the blacklisted ones.

This may not be perfect, e.g. due to fbl rules evolving, but in list view, looking at subscribers, opening the filters, you can select by campaign, then further down select the blacklisted ones.
Thanks. That definitely helps but as my customers grow this will be hard to manage this way. I was looking for a way that I could look on the backend that would be a snapshot of all the campaigns and what percentage of the sends are spam/blacklist.

That seems to not be possible as it is, which is fine, given that we can automatically stop sending if bounces hit a certain level.

Thanks

but as my customers grow this will be hard to manage this way. I was looking for a way that I could look on the backend that would be a snapshot of all the campaigns and what percentage of the sends are spam/blacklist
Would make for a definitely useful feature (nicely spotted corey34), is this doable @twisted1919 ?

@twisted1919, I think something like what is here: /backend/misc/campaigns-delivery-logs

The columns would be:
  • campaign
  • customer (option to filter this column would be great)
  • Date
  • Soft bounce %
  • Hard Bounce %
  • Abuse report %
This would be something I could easily jump onto each day and quickly monitor how my customers campaigns are doing. If I see a campaign that has a large bounce rate, I can filter by that customer and monitor that customer only.

Although, one thing I am still a little unsure about is abuse report. I thought this was spam complaints. Am I wrong?

Thanks

unsure about is abuse report
In the campaigns context, abuse reports means people that actually filled in the abuse report form for that campaign (yes we have such thing :O :D).So basically it is not connected to the fact the user has clicked the "This is spam" button from the email client.

In the campaigns context, abuse reports means people that actually filled in the abuse report form for that campaign (yes we have such thing :O :D).So basically it is not connected to the fact the user has clicked the "This is spam" button from the email client.
OK, that makes sense then.

In that case, one thing that could be really helpful is to have an easy way to isolate SPAM complaints. At the moment SPAM complaints are just included into the hard bounces but shouldn't spam be treated and monitored differently than the rest of the hard bounces?

Thanks

Atm spam complaints have the effect to unsubscribe the subscriber from the give list, which i still believe it's the correct action to take.
Adding a way to identify these should be possible in near future ;)

Back