A word of caution when using SparkPost.

The service provided by MailBrainiers seem very interesting and deserves a thread of its own. Suddenly we are considering to use their service instead. Thanks @Nikhil Garg also for the hint on the hosting company. I will look into that.
And I can confirm this, as Nikhil and I went through probably two dozen questions from shortly after 7am to nearly 8.30, and this was definitely a good Q&A with a vendor. Many others skip questions, but not this one, so kudos from me as well :)

apparently they read the forum and saw that other customers have bad experience with them as well
Co-development wherever you look these days ;)

Just an update, yesterday i have received an email from SparkPost(from someone called Mitchell, their vp for global customer success), where they apologise for the way they have handled this whole situation, apparently they read the forum and saw that other customers have bad experience with them as well and they said they are committed to do better. They have also enabled my account.

At least now i can test the integration between mailwizz and sparkpost for other customers, in case there'll be issues, thing that was impossible with my account disabled.

Anyway, we're all grown-ups here so hopefully we can learn something from the above.

Awesome! There is hope after all and as I said, the second person (in case the VP sees this I can tell you, Mitchell, that the second person is D.C. in SF - awesome guy!) whom I have been in contact with has been very customer centric and responsive to all my questions. It's just a bit sad that there needs to be a VP to get in touch get things right. The good thing about that though is that it appears not be a bad company culture and that is good, meaning, although we have very different experiences with Sparkpost (the first experience was bad while the second was good) it's now apparent that it's at least not a bad company culture. They just have a rotten egg (the first contact) they need to deal with. :) :D
Maybe, just maybe, we can hope to get an explanation why the first person just turned us down without any explanation.

You also know @twisted1919 that our implementation is a very different thing than what everyone else is running, since we have used, and will use, Mailwizz as a platform (which has saved us a lot of development time), so getting the reply I got from the first person was very surprising to say the least. They say first impressions lasts. It's often true, but I must say that I am impressed by both the second guy in our case and especially now when they contacted you. Who knows, we might even change our mind.

It will be interesting to see how the progress will be on this matter and our decision has not been made yet. We are getting closer to our launch.

Last edited:
Back