550 Stop! You are sending too fast !! - How do I stop this?

Ben Griffiths

Hi,

I have just sent my first mail shot to 2,000 subscribers and I only had a success rate of 30% where on my mailchimp account the success rate is 50%.

When looking into the log I see the following error:

550 Stop! You are sending too fast
!! Expected response code 250/251/252 but got code "550", with message "550 Stop! You are sending too fast

How would I combat this? I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your reply, it turns out that the mx records for the delivery server was set to a shared service with limits, we have now change this thank you.

However we need to resend the emails to the failed blacklisted emails, how would you suggest doing this?

@Ben Griffiths - Easiest way is to go to backend > settings > customers > lists and set "Mark blacklisted as confirmed" to Yes. Then go to your list subscribers, filter only the blacklisted ones and run a bulk action against them. The bulk action should be "Subscribe". This was all blacklisted subscribers that you selected will be removed from blacklist and their status will be confirmed once again.

@Ben Griffiths - Easiest way is to go to backend > settings > customers > lists and set "Mark blacklisted as confirmed" to Yes. Then go to your list subscribers, filter only the blacklisted ones and run a bulk action against them. The bulk action should be "Subscribe". This was all blacklisted subscribers that you selected will be removed from blacklist and their status will be confirmed once again.

Thank you kindly.

After been told to update my host on my delivery server i'm getting the following error:

Connection could not be established with host mail.server1544.mylogin.co [php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known #0]
Log data:
++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport
!! Connection could not be established with host mail.server1544.mylogin.co [php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known #0]

Why would this occur please, my server provider isn't been very helpful they literally stated "Well it works fine for me" and should me a test.php page with an stmp mail script.

@Ben Griffiths - the error says the hosting server cannot resolve mail.server1544.mylogin.co into an ip address. It can be a temporary dns lookup issue. You can use 162.210.99.137 instead of the hostname ( mail.server1544.mylogin.co ) meanwhile and it will work just fine.

Back