502 - bad gateway error upon clicking unsubscribe link

Papapooch

Hi all,
I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten this error. It has been reported to us by several subscribers.
When they try to unsubscribe by clicking the [UNSUBSCRIBE_URL] link they get ‘502 error- bad gateway’...
One subscriber forwarded the email to us with this message.

"tried to ‘opt-out’ but got a ‘502 error- bad gateway’"

But when I click on the same link it goes right to the proper unsubscribe page.
here is the link.
<a href="http://trackmw.causeaction.com/inde...xc53/da42c64412493a29dadf58639f2a275f2dbb93e6">

Thanks for any insight into this problem.

Hi all,
I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten this error. It has been reported to us by several subscribers.
When they try to unsubscribe by clicking the [UNSUBSCRIBE_URL] link they get ‘502 error- bad gateway’...
One subscriber forwarded the email to us with this message.

"tried to ‘opt-out’ but got a ‘502 error- bad gateway’"

But when I click on the same link it goes right to the proper unsubscribe page.
here is the link.
<a href="http://trackmw.causeaction.com/inde...xc53/da42c64412493a29dadf58639f2a275f2dbb93e6">

Thanks for any insight into this problem.
There can be many causes for it, but oft it is some kind of overburdening, just google it.
What you can do is, e.g. check if it has to do with any proxy/cloudflare you are using or if you got a lot of hits in a short period of time from the same IP/network (then the firewall could be blocking it to prevent from abuse), then increase server/treshold resources or e.g. also increase number of concurrent connections in mysql settings, but it is more on the network side of things. Try have a look into server logs as well.

It's just the web server that cannot cope with the load and return the error instead of the proper page.
When you send a campaign and people start opening/clicking the campaigns, then all these actions will hit your server and if too much and it can't handle it, it will show errors like this one.
Try to tweak your nginx server.

Back