421 Unexpected failure, please try later

Vroom

I have a problem when trying to send out campaigns.

I can send the test emails from the template pages and they get delivered to my inbox. But when I try to send a campaign, I get the following errors for each email:

Expected response code 250 but got code "421", with message "421 Unexpected failure, please try later " Log data: ++ Starting Swift_SendmailTransport << 220-ABC.org ESMTP Exim 4.85 #2 Wed, 27 May 2015 23:24:07 +0200 220-We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited, 220 and/or bulk e-mail. >> HELO www.XYZ.com << 250 ABC.org Hello USER at www.XYZ.com ++ Swift_SendmailTransport started >> MAIL FROM: <bounced@ABC.org> << 250 OK >> RCPT TO: <emailXYZ@hotmail.com> << 250 Accepted >> DATA << 354 Enter message, ending with "." on a line by itself >> . << 421 Unexpected failure, please try later !! Expected response code 250 but got code "421", with message "421 Unexpected failure, please try later "

When I check the mail queue in Web Host Manager the messages are not being sent to the exim spool. It shows zero messages being sent or trying to be sent.

Previously I am using phplist, and it is sending the emails without any problem. In Mailwizz the test emails and the server confirmation emails both go through fine, but not the campaign emails.

In case anyone else has this problem, try setting the crontab in your root account instead of through the cpanel user account. My cpanel user account didnt have permission to write to the spool folder so it was getting an error.

Back