1st Test Campaing Stuck at 0% sending

MailRookie

Hello Guys,
I just purchased and installed mailwizz in one of my websites hosted by hostgator.
I was able to send my first test email successfully but when I tried to send my first test campaign, I'm stuck at sending 0%

I already read article regarding the cron job might not be properly set up.

https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/my-campaigns-dont-send-theyre-stuck-in-pending-sending-status/

When I reached out to hostgator for assistance, they send me to freelancer.com LOL

I have a reseller account and i don't think I have access to the command line so I can check for the php binary location.

By reading some hostgator articles, i tweaked the cron job to this:

/usr/local/bin/php-cli -q /home/toflip/public_html/email/mailwizz-1.3.8.3/latest/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns >/dev/null 2>&1

But obviously, that still does not work

My php configuration in cpanel says my php is version 5.4

Any assistance is greatly appreciate it

@MailRookie - Did you change the status of the campaign, i.e: paused/unpaused the campaign when it was in pending-sending status?
If you take a look in Backend > Misc > Application Log, do you see any error?

I see several errors:

2017/01/03 08:15:23 [error] [exception.CDbException] invalid data source name
2017/01/03 08:15:23 [error] [exception.CDbException] exception 'CDbException' with message 'CDbConnection failed to open the DB connection.' in /home/toflip/public_html/email/mailwizz-1.3.8.3/latest/apps/common/framework/db/CDbConnection.php:405

and yes... there was a time that I paused the campaign

please help

2017/01/03 08:15:23 [error] [exception.CDbException] invalid data source name
2017/01/03 08:15:23 [error] [exception.CDbException] exception 'CDbException' with message 'CDbConnection failed to open the DB connection.' in /home/toflip/public_html/email/mailwizz-1.3.8.3/latest/apps/common/framework/db/CDbConnection.php:405
These might be artefacts from when you installed the app, so we can disregard them since you were able to install the app and create a campaign.

I googled a bit related to hostgator and found this: http://support.hostgator.com/articles/cpanel/what-do-i-put-for-the-cron-job-command so maybe try /opt/php56/bin/php instead of /usr/local/bin/php-cli

Thank you for your response....

I tried running the cron job like this:

/opt/php54/bin/php -q /home/toflip/public_html/email/mailwizz-1.3.8.3/latest/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns >/dev/null 2>&1

But it did not work :-(

Any other ideas?

Ok ... i got tired of reseller shared hosting and I installed the script into a vps server with hostgator.

Now, when I'm trying to add the delivery server, i get this error when i try to validate the server:

Connection could not be established with host xx.xx.xxx.xxx [ #0]
Log data:
++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport
!! Connection could not be established with host xx.xx.xxx.xxx [ #0] (code: 0)

please help!

I should be able to fix things now, i have access ssh and the whole enchilada LOL

!! Connection could not be established with host xx.xx.xxx.xxx [ #0] (code: 0)
Is that host up? Because the error says the app cannot connect to it. Maybe a firewall or something prevents this?
What hosts you're trying to connect to? Is an external server or same VPS ?

yes... i'm trying to have the script hosted in my vps but I want my emails to be sent from another smtp server.
I've been trying to set up this thing the whole week, it's getting really frustrating. Please help

Is that host up? Because the error says the app cannot connect to it. Maybe a firewall or something prevents this?
What hosts you're trying to connect to? Is an external server or same VPS ?

Yes... the host is up... i sent the a test email from the script hosted in my reseller account... so I know is not the host

woohoo!!!! i was able to figure it out......

I made it work in my hostgator reseller account though:

This is what i did.... since I don't have access to shell in my re seller account, i had hostgator type in the command which php and they confirmed the location of the binary library.

I then tweaked the cron command you guys provide to :

/opt/php54/bin/php -q /home/toflip/public_html/email/mailwizz-1.3.8.3/latest/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns >/dev/null 2>&1

I updated all cron commands in my cpanel.

Then I reconfirmed my smtp delivery server inside the back office and voila.

Thanks for your support

Back