Individual Customer Black Lists & Domain Policy

Blake Bridge

Hello,
Im getting ready to start offering monthly email marketing plans to my customers and I have a few questions. If you could please help.

1. When a new customer signs up, Im asking if they have a pre existing blacklist that they would like to bring with them.
Q. What is the best way for me to upload that customers blacklist and make effective?
Q. Are blacklists exclusive to each customer or universal?

2. Domain Policy, I have a "inhouse suppression list of domains that my B2B clients will not be allowed to send mail to. This includes all freemail services like gmail, yahoo, aol, msn, etc. This will be teh policy for all my customers.
Q. What is the best way to create a global domain policy to exclude all these domains?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Are blacklists exclusive to each customer or universal?
You can allow your customers to have their own blacklists(there's a setting for that), which are totally separate from the system wide email blacklist. They can upload their addresses there and the system will check them like it checks the global email blacklist.

Q. What is the best way to create a global domain policy to exclude all these domains?
I advise against using the domain policy feature inside the app. I find that most of the time people will missuse it.
My advice, block the emails on your smtp server side, not on the app side.

Also, you'll need an extended license to carry on with the service, see https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/what-license-do-i-need/

Ok thank you no problem, ill get the new lisc. I more question if you would be so kind. Is there any way to make less the columns by default? Id like to condense and remove the reporting, teh unique ID etc from the default view on a new account. Is there anyway to do that? PS. Could you send me teh link for teh extended lisc? Thanks again!toggle.png

@Blake Bridge - create init-custom.php file in apps folder and insert this code:
PHP:
<?php
Yii::app()->hooks->addFilter('grid_view_columns', function($columns){
    $controller = Yii::app()->getController();
    $action = $controller->action;
    $isCustomer = Yii::app()->apps->isAppName('customer') && $controller->id == 'campaigns' && $action->id == 'index';
    if (!$isCustomer) {
        return $columns;
    }

// To remove first column set $indexToRemove = array(0);
    // To remove multiple columns set $indexToRemove = array(0,1,2,3);
    // 0 is first column form table

$indexToRemove = array(0,1,2,3);

foreach ($indexToRemove as $index) {
        unset($columns[$index]);
    }
    return $columns;
});

You need to change $indexToRemove = array(0,1,2,3); like you want. 0 is first column, 1 is second column and so on...

This code will be applied only for All Campaigns if you want to apply for all (Regular and Autoresponders) remove this: && $action->id == 'index' from: $isCustomer = Yii::app()->apps->isAppName('customer') && $controller->id == 'campaigns' && $action->id == 'index';

Back