cant seem to add bounce server

redwicked

I've tried all sorts of combos with ssl w/o ssl, pop3 & IMAP, using GSSAPI not using it.

I've tried my own personal mailbox with my own personal domain and i got this error when using IMAP/993/NOTLS/Validate-NO:
[CLOSED] IMAP connection broken (server response)

and when using:
IMAP/143/NOTLS/Validate-NO:
Connection failed to mail.mydomain.com,143: Connection timed out

I also tried Googles IMAP and got the following message:
Can not authenticate to IMAP server: [ALERT] Please log in via your web browser: https://support.google.com/mail/acco

Not really sure what else to try..ran out of options. I tried POP3 as well, nothing.
is this a server issue?

Google is not the best choice to use, so don't use gmail as a bounce server.
Related to your above issue for imap. if you use 993 you have to use TLS instead of NOTLS.

Hmm well the error message changed but still couldn't add the server:

now when using IMAP/993/TLS/Validate-NO i get:
[CLOSED] IMAP connection broken (server response)

When using IMAP/143/TLS/Validate-NO I get:
Connection failed to mail.wonderland-rewards.com,143: Connection timed out

When using IMAP/143/NOTLS/Validate-NO i get:
Connection failed to mail.wonderland-rewards.com,143: Connection timed out

Going to try another domain now. hopefully it will work.

woh finally found the right combo lol guess i didnt try them all...to be honest i was getting frustrated by the 10th time trying out different domains

POP3/995/SSL/Validate-NO

Looks like I am running into the same issue again. I tried the above settings on this new server and now I get this:

Can't open mailbox {https://mail.mydomain.com/:995/pop3/ssl/novalidate-cert}INBOX: invalid remote specification

I'm going to try and setup my own permanent bounce server (along with a few other toys like a dns and link server) but in the meantime, anyone have any ideas as to why I cant access my mailbox? Its hosted on dreamhost just FYI.

I am running into the same issue.. tried all the above, but still not able to add...

Get error:

Can not authenticate to POP3 server: [AUTH] Authentication failed.

Tried another combination the got this error:

OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE NAMESPACE AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Dovecot ready.

OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE NAMESPACE AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Dovecot ready.
Simple, the imap client on that server uses a version that your php does not know about. Solution is to upgrade php.

Hey i get the same issue. can anyone tell me how to resolve this?

i have added Bounce server and it's work perfectly fine but i am trying to add feedback server then i get error
"Can not authenticate to IMAP server: [AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Authentication failed.<br />[CLOSED] IMAP connection broken (server response)"

What will be solution? i am confuse because IMAP143 TLS SSL NO it's work in bounce but not in feedback.

Please let me know any suggestion or correct way to get this problem resolve

Thank you

Could someone guide me on how to do allow for less secure client equivalent in office 365? but for what I'm assuming be the correct gives me :
[CLOSED] IMAP connection broken (server response) error

did someone already succeed with an office 365 account?
Thank you

Anyone got a fix on this?
Could someone guide me on how to do allow for less secure client equivalent in office 365? but for what I'm assuming be the correct gives me :
[CLOSED] IMAP connection broken (server response) error

did someone already succeed with an office 365 account?
Thank you

Back