Slow sending

Krasimir Nikolov

Hello,
After several fixes that we’ve made following Twisted1919’s advices, we are currently experiencing very low sending speed. Here’s the situation in brief:
  • We use 250 smtp servers. Our current setting is 150/hour per server, which makes about 900 000 mails a day, but it actually sends not more than 120 000.
  • Recently we asked how to increase speed (because the cron used to start only once a minute) and Twisted proposed to use parallel processing. Here is the thread. It worked ok, but unfortunately some users began to receive multiple copies of our email campaigns.
  • We discussed this problem here too, and Twisted advised us to increase the pause between the spawned campaigns. Here is the thread. We did it and thus solved the problem. But now sending is very slow.
Problem 1 - All of our delivery servers are set to 150 hourly quota and the cron is set to change server at 150 sent emails. But in the Delivery servers usage log it is seen that it switches after 100 mails, not 150.
Problem 2 - The other thing that the log shows is that per a minute we send only between 70 and 150 mails. Does it mean hardware overloading or software issue, or something else? Do you have any ideas how to improve our sending speed?

Thanx in advance!

Hello,

Your 250 smtp servers are hosting emails or specific for bulk mail server.
What they are using to send emails - any mta ?

There may be setting issue to change server at 150.

How much email you want to send hourly and what is your server configuration including hourly bandwidth out limit.

Are those 250 smtp servers ESPs or self-hosted? If the latter, throttle the emails in the MTA instead of Mailwizz.
These 250 smtp servers are self hosted on another server, which mailwizz connects to. I am creating a campaign via mailwizz and I’m sending the campaign through mailwizz to all the subscribers which I have. I think your solution is not helpful whatsoever

Hello,
Your 250 smtp servers are hosting emails or specific for bulk mail server.
What they are using to send emails - any mta ?
There may be setting issue to change server at 150.
How much email you want to send hourly and what is your server configuration including hourly bandwidth out limit.
The MTA we are using is Postfix. There is no bandwidth limit on this server

this is the current crontab
/2 * /usr/bin/php -q /home/wizz/public_html/apps/console/console.php send-transactional-emails >/dev/null 2>&1
/10 * /usr/bin/php -q /home/wizz/public_html/apps/console/console.php bounce-handler >/dev/null 2>&1
/20 * /usr/bin/php -q /home/wizz/public_html/apps/console/console.php feedback-loop-handler >/dev/null 2>&1
/3 * /usr/bin/php -q /home/wizz/public_html/apps/console/console.php process-delivery-and-bounce-log >/dev/null 2>&1
0 0 * /usr/bin/php -q /home/wizz/public_html/apps/console/console.php daily >/dev/null 2>&1
/10 * /home/wizz/public_html/apps/console/commands/shell/send-parallel-campaigns -s 10 > /dev/null 2>&1

@Krasimir Nikolov - Have you seen this: https://forum.mailwizz.com/threads/faster-send-campaigns-command-testers-needed.1140/ ?
I have recently spoke to one of the people that tried it and said he managed to shove 600k in around 4 hours, so it def. worth the try.
Hi Twisted 1919, I have the same problem... try this link but it doesn't exist... : https://forum.mailwizz.com/threads/faster-send-campaigns-command-testers-needed.1140/
Can you help me please?
Regards

Back