Adding subscribers to an ACTIVE campaign

redpill

Would that work and any drawbacks?

Use case is a common template email, to millions of subs that's being imported. but since it takes so long to upload, I'm looking to start sending while i'm importing subs

Would that work and any drawbacks?

Use case is a common template email, to millions of subs that's being imported. but since it takes so long to upload, I'm looking to start sending while i'm importing subs
When considering whether sending emails while importing subscribers would work for your specific use case, it depends on several factors. Factors such as server specifications, the method used for sending the campaign, and the timing of the import process play significant roles in determining the outcome.

While it may be possible to start sending the campaign while importing subscribers, there are some potential drawbacks to be aware of. If the import process takes a long time to complete, there is a possibility that the campaign may not be sent to all subscribers before the import finishes. This could result in incomplete or partial deliveries of the campaign.

To mitigate this risk, it is advisable to carefully assess the server capabilities and resources available to handle both the import process and the email sending simultaneously. Additionally, considering the size of the subscriber list and the expected duration of the import process can help you make a more informed decision.

Ultimately, it is recommended to perform thorough testing and monitoring to ensure the successful delivery of the campaign to all subscribers.

When considering whether sending emails while importing subscribers would work for your specific use case, it depends on several factors. Factors such as server specifications, the method used for sending the campaign, and the timing of the import process play significant roles in determining the outcome.

While it may be possible to start sending the campaign while importing subscribers, there are some potential drawbacks to be aware of. If the import process takes a long time to complete, there is a possibility that the campaign may not be sent to all subscribers before the import finishes. This could result in incomplete or partial deliveries of the campaign.

To mitigate this risk, it is advisable to carefully assess the server capabilities and resources available to handle both the import process and the email sending simultaneously. Additionally, considering the size of the subscriber list and the expected duration of the import process can help you make a more informed decision.

Ultimately, it is recommended to perform thorough testing and monitoring to ensure the successful delivery of the campaign to all subscribers.
For my use case, my server seems to send about 50k daily... would it be okay to seed it with more than 50k in the initial list, start send campaign, and keep importing every day until the entire database of millions is done, expecting it'll just keep sending until the entire millions+ database list is exhausted? or would it stop unexpectedly half way?

For my use case, my server seems to send about 50k daily... would it be okay to seed it with more than 50k in the initial list, start send campaign, and keep importing every day until the entire database of millions is done, expecting it'll just keep sending until the entire millions+ database list is exhausted? or would it stop unexpectedly half way?
As long as the campaign finds subscribers to send to, it will send until there are no more subscribers. However, if the campaign succeeds in sending before the import is done, then the campaign will be marked as sent and it will not send to the rest of the subscribers added later. I advise you to add this campaign to a sending group and then proceed with sending the campaign and importing subscribers simultaneously. If the campaign finishes first before the import, you can create a new campaign with the same sending group, and that campaign will check if the subscribers from that list have already been sent by the previous campaign. You can refer to this article to understand how sending groups work: link to the article on sending groups.

Back