Deceptive Site Ahead: 4 sites in last 30 days

Hey,

In last 30 days 4 of my websites on which I am hosting my mailwhizz has shown the dreaded "deceptive site ahead"

The 1st time it happened with one of my mailwhizz which had sendgrid as the SMTP and then again after 1 week I received the same error with 2 other mailwhizz which have been using sendgrid as SMTP

So I figured the issue must be with MW which use sendgrid as SMTP ...the sending domain were different from the domain hosting MW...So I was not extremely worried

3 days ago another one of my MW which uses regular SMTP is also now showing the same error: deceptive site ahead

This one has the same sending domain as the one on which MW is hosted...I checked for the domain reputation in postmaster and IP reputation...both are high

The issue started 3 days ago...the spam complains are also close to zero

The MW is working for almost 1 year now and never had any issue...Not listed in any blacklists

Also read the article by twisted and checked with checkphish.ai...it is not showing any error

Attachments

• checkphish.png
    checkphish.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 24
This happened to me when I was using cloudflare. I transferred to another DNS provider and after submit Google search console , the problem was solved

I am not using cloud flare and all 4 websites are hosted on different hosting

approx. how much time did it take for google to delist your website?

I am having the same issue. I have a dedicated server from Hostgator. I have had the server for over 3 years now, and is a clean ip. Never had the issue before. I just started with Mailwizz, and within a couple of days...boom.. Deceptive site warning. I did the delist protocol with Google, which took 2 days, and I thought I was good. Then, 8 days later, it happened again. Only started once i had installed Mailwizz, no other changes. I don't even email lots. We are a small agency, and we only have approximately 80-200 emails going out per day. I don't understand it, and i don't wish to go back to Mailchimp just because of the expense. Support just sent me the "cloudflare did it" page link. That's not really helpful. I can't help but think that something within MailWizz is triggering Google.

@specdiver642 - We're in talks with someone from Google for about a month now, you wouldn't believe the gymnastics we have to go through...
Your only option is to ask for delisting again, for now there are no other options.

@specdiver642 - We're in talks with someone from Google for about a month now, you wouldn't believe the gymnastics we have to go through...
Your only option is to ask for delisting again, for now there are no other options.
Ok, thank you for letting me know you guys are on it. I really like the software, so I hope you all get it figured out. I know Google is really difficult to engage with.
Also, just wanted to let you know that Microsoft does a similar (not same) thing, but on the email deliverability side. They sandboxed any email going to any of their domains (msn, hotmail, outlook, mail). This happened directly after the first Google situation. Even after Google delisted the site/server, Microsoft would not allow any emails to go to any of their domains. I had to ask them to do a review. Then, after a few days they came back and said that they would not delist on their end. Then, I asked them to send my request to their Escalation Team. After about a week, I got an email and it said that they have re-approved me. I, however, have not sent any emails to Microsoft domains as of yet. We are kind of stuck trying to figure out what to do. Just thought you should know about the Microsoft situation.

Here is what Microsoft said first:
"We have completed reviewing the IP(s) you submitted. The following table contains the results of our investigation.
Not qualified for mitigation"

Then, after I got that, I asked:
"Hi there,
I checked through logs, signed up for SNDS (Smart Network Data Service), and asking how I get off this blocklist. I have this dedicated server from Hostgator, and it only hosts my sites. It is not a shared server, and I have had it for a few years now.
I signed up for SNDS, and there are no error issues or complaints. I comply with Microsoft standards. Please remove my ip from the block list.
Thank you,"

Then, we went back and forth for a few messages, as they were not willing to move forward. Finally, I asked them to move me up the ladder to the Escalation Team.

After about a week, I got this message:

"Hello,

My name is Leema and I work with the Outlook.com Deliverability Support Team.

We have implemented mitigation for your IP (162.xxx.xxx.xx) and this process may take 24 - 48 hours to replicate completely throughout our system.

Sincerely,
Leema
Outlook.com Deliverability Support

So, you guys might want to look into Microsoft as well because they are essentially banning/shadow banning any messages sent through Mailwizz. In there SNDS system, there are no reported issues by users/customers. So, the trigger is not that. Both Google and Microsoft situations are completely new to us, never happened before. I am not sharing this info to disparage you or your product, it's only so you guys can get to the bottom of whatever is triggering it. I would like very much to continue to use the product, I really like it. Hope that helps.
Thanks.

@specdiver642 - our contact at Google just got back to us, please open a support ticket and include the domain(s) that are/were affected by this problem, they'll run additional checks and get back to us with answers and you'll be permanently delisted.
As for MS, they target specific networks, nothing to do with MailWizz, this is why they whitelisted your IP and not MailWizz itself, because they are concerned about networks.

@specdiver642 - our contact at Google just got back to us, please open a support ticket and include the domain(s) that are/were affected by this problem, they'll run additional checks and get back to us with answers and you'll be permanently delisted.
As for MS, they target specific networks, nothing to do with MailWizz, this is why they whitelisted your IP and not MailWizz itself, because they are concerned about networks.
Ok thank you. Sending the support ticket now.

Most probably, Its not the Mailwizz issue ... last time i encounter same issue when i configure a temporary APACHE forwarding in mailwizz root domain , once i remove this config then google delisted me in 12 hours .... so most probably its issue of your web server !

Most probably, Its not the Mailwizz issue ... last time i encounter same issue when i configure a temporary APACHE forwarding in mailwizz root domain , once i remove this config then google delisted me in 12 hours .... so most probably its issue of your web server !
I am not proficient enough servers to know what the Apache forwarding is. Basically, I just followed all the tutorial videos that Mailwizz has on their youtube. Everything was working fine for a day or two, then, i got the Google message. I, also, have been blocked by Microsoft - hotmail, outlook, msn email addresses. I don't know how to fix it.. I am currently looking for someone on Fiverr to hire to diagnose it. I think it's probably because i didn't warm up the server. I sent out two emails with over 100 receipients. I don't know if that is too many to start with, but since I started, warming up is something I have been reading about. Yes. I am a novice. Thanks Pankaj.

I am not proficient enough servers to know what the Apache forwarding is. Basically, I just followed all the tutorial videos that Mailwizz has on their youtube. Everything was working fine for a day or two, then, i got the Google message. I, also, have been blocked by Microsoft - hotmail, outlook, msn email addresses. I don't know how to fix it.. I am currently looking for someone on Fiverr to hire to diagnose it. I think it's probably because i didn't warm up the server. I sent out two emails with over 100 receipients. I don't know if that is too many to start with, but since I started, warming up is something I have been reading about. Yes. I am a novice. Thanks Pankaj.
PM me if you have still having issue !

Back