tag to people based on the URL where they opt in

Wah

I have a client asking me
------
there are 2 things i want to do

1. add a tag to people based on the URL where they opt in

So I can separate like seo opt-ins from FB ads opt-ins

that way I can track who is spending $

2. I want to be able to add an opt-out link in my promotion campaigns that lets some add a tag saying they don't want to hear about X promotion anymore.

So instead of opting out of my whole list they just stop hearing about X promotion

----

Any help would be appreciated thanks guys
ps im using 1.9.44 currently

1. add a tag to people based on the URL where they opt in
You can have a hidden field in your list, say PROMO_SOURCE and then when you send people on your subscription form, append that to the url, like: https://www.yourmailwizz.com/index.php/lists/1234bgstw1234/subscribe?PROMO_SOURCE=campaign1
This way, when the form is saved, your custom field will get the value set to campaign1.
Later, you can segment on this field.

2. I want to be able to add an opt-out link in my promotion campaigns that lets some add a tag saying they don't want to hear about X promotion anymore.

So instead of opting out of my whole list they just stop hearing about X promotion
This will be much trickier, you will have to implement it yourself as mailwizz does just direct opt-out, and what you actually need, is a way to reset the value from PROMO_SOURCE field so it isn't campaign1 anymore, so basically you need to do a profile update.
Create a custom page for this and use the API to update the subscriber and reset that custom field.

Reactions: Wah
Back