Questions re: Mailwizz 2.0

cottercat

Before I upgrade to 2.0 I have a few questions:

- I have several other software connected via API to mailwizz. If I upgrade to 2.0, will that change or break my api integrations with the other software?

- Currently I am using backup manager to automate updates. Will I continue to use backup manager to automate updates for 2.0 or will I need to purchase a new software to do that?

- If I have an active MW license and support subscription, what is my cost to upgrade to 2.0?

- With MW 1x when I try to send an autoresponder sequence to 2 lists at the same time, it merges those lists to create a new 3rd list. Is this how MW 2.0 works? Or will MW 2.0 allow me to send the same autoresponder sequence to multiple lists without changing those lists or creating a new list?

Thank you for answering my questions.

- I have several other software connected via API to mailwizz. If I upgrade to 2.0, will that change or break my api integrations with the other software?
No, the API will continue working as expected.

- Currently I am using backup manager to automate updates. Will I continue to use backup manager to automate updates for 2.0 or will I need to purchase a new software to do that?
backup manager will work just fine. Just keep in mind you need to backup 1.x, then disable all extensions before upgrade, see: https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/upgrading-notes-for-maiwizz-1-x-to-mailwizz-2-x/
After the upgrade, just download latest version of backup manager from Envato and upload it in your app, either via FTP or via the web interface.

- If I have an active MW license and support subscription, what is my cost to upgrade to 2.0?
Nothing.

- With MW 1x when I try to send an autoresponder sequence to 2 lists at the same time, it merges those lists to create a new 3rd list. Is this how MW 2.0 works? Or will MW 2.0 allow me to send the same autoresponder sequence to multiple lists without changing those lists or creating a new list?
No more merging in 2.0. You can put multiple campaigns in a sending group and that's it. All campaigns in same sending group keep track of subscribers that received the campaign and don't send duplicates.

Tomorrow we will release an update to 2.x, so if you plan to update, do it after tomorrow so you don't do same work twice.

No, the API will continue working as expected.

backup manager will work just fine. Just keep in mind you need to backup 1.x, then disable all extensions before upgrade, see: https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/upgrading-notes-for-maiwizz-1-x-to-mailwizz-2-x/
After the upgrade, just download latest version of backup manager from Envato and upload it in your app, either via FTP or via the web interface.

Nothing.

No more merging in 2.0. You can put multiple campaigns in a sending group and that's it. All campaigns in same sending group keep track of subscribers that received the campaign and don't send duplicates.

Tomorrow we will release an update to 2.x, so if you plan to update, do it after tomorrow so you don't do same work twice.
Thank you for such a quick reply.

2.0 sounds AMAZING. I'll take your advice and wait till after tomorrow to update.
:)

Back