Wowaweeewhoa! Are Segments Kindergarten Level, No date added! ? or am I missing an entire contact/list/segment/ tools section of features!

Am I right to assume first of all that open click segments are dynamic... as in they change every minute/hour as time goes on... ? If static.. that would make no sense, since you cannot select a calendar date to know this.. or have to update daily or each time before you send.. so less than or equal to 30 days.. .means in the last 30 days, lol.. said in a very different way.

but for the date range ... of contacts.. are we missing something!! ? We MUST have a way to say ... in segments, contacts added in the last 20 days or added on or before 20 days ago, etc. Because how else are we suppose to be able to make usable segments on all other cases.. .. we need to remove the inactives out of our account.. sure thing, we can say greater than x days ... since open or click but NO we cannot do that if we cannot say, added on or before 20 days ago... cause we need to give them a chance to open and or click, and if we just did no opens in the last 60 days.. but did not say added or date added 20 days ago, etc. that is no good, cause hey... maybe they have not opened or clicked YET because they were just added 15 min ago, or 2 days ago, etc. in the last 24 hours, and so on.. Is there an operator, or condition for this. ?

Like here is some basic.. stuff... date added.. static or dynamic. or is not in the last x days, so you send to those who have received a lot of email, no complaints, still subscribed status.. and active but not someone new.. etc..

2021-06-02_0-34-25.png

I just do not understand why the some of the most mission critical email staples, that you cannot live without are not here.. or well.. we are just missing them. and then no And vs Or.. ? Really.. condition groups.. ? combined with and , vs or, inclusive.. elastic any of the conditions within a group, no way to add a group, just silly it seems.. or strict exact match exclusive but only on operator with custom fields. ? I mean only way we just figured out how to do something we needed ... was to go in and add a contact custom field we created with yes vs no for auto responder work flow message on day 3, and say Broadcast Ready is Yes.. to add that tag or field update, so we know who is 3 days old... so we do not send to our subscribers why they are in the first part of the work flow and compete with our own work flow from subscriber acquisition, and double or triple send to them and mess up our work flow.. and not allow them to go through it and remove bounces, complaints, unsubs, etc. and activate them.. So for sure thank goodness for tags, but if we just want to get subscribers added in the last 10 days but after 3 days.. I get that we can have the 3 day old tag broadcast ready, but how to say added in the last 10 days ? Just need to figure out this segmentation, and how you cannot choose multiple lists to run these conditions on is also really frustrating.. so to have 30/90 day OC segments for openers clickers, on 5 lists you have to make them for each list, so x 5.. then it is even far worse it seems right now, we have to actually then make one segment for clickers.. and 1 for openers... cause the and/or is not there, and no such thing as condition groups that I see.. right now.. so when we put in opened less than equal to 30 days, then added clicked in last 60 days, it was then saying, ONLY people who opened and clicked.. which is sillyness cause of course if they clicked, they had to open, we want openers past 30 OR clickers past 60.. so sure they have not opened in last 30, but in the last 45 days they clicked.. so we give them longer.. I can work around that, but it then again doubles the number of segments per list, and then since per list is in this case x 5 so this is literally 10 X the segments!! Should be like most other esp's, just select the lists, add in condition groups, and to get 5 lists of all people who opened in the past 30 days or clicked in the past 75 days.. should be ONE .. 1 Single Segment.. that is dynamic.. so when they fall out of that condition set, they are no longer in it.. And lastly, usually in platforms, it says or gives you the option... STATIC vs Dynamic.. so we know if it is a data set in time or it is changing as time goes on.. Please do let us know.. We are there now in migrations, and really need to get this dialed in and or ... well I guess utilize webhooks or something.. but since we do not have a particular email that is just on a certain day when someone is added.. what hacks or tricks can we use.. ? like when someone has been or done or been sent x emails. ? add custom field or tag.. or move to list or copy to list... so that we know those are 20 day old subscribers.. ?

Why not condition groups.. with and vs or ! ? Get Response, etc. even every esp besides AWeber has this.. can we add it.. program it in ? 3rd party segment logic.. this is just soooooo basic it's like tic tac to in pre school.. unless all this has to be done in the set up on a campaign, AR, etc. or somewhere else with custom fields or tags!

This for sure is pretty basic DB stuff.. for segments..

2021-06-02_0-39-09.png

2021-06-02_0-37-25.png

Really need some help here!! Must be missing something.. not flagged on or something.. ?

You're correct, the segments are dynamic and very basic right now and what you see there are the only options we currently have.

However, good news is that we can make the "date_added" field available for comparison.
but how to say added in the last 10 days ?
So you will be able to answer this question via segments.

You're correct, the segments are dynamic and very basic right now and what you see there are the only options we currently have.

However, good news is that we can make the "date_added" field available for comparison.

So you will be able to answer this question via segments.
So then how would I be able to get people who clicked or opened and added on or before 10 days ago? Need to know the process please. Ty!!

I'm on the same page with you, @ridgerunner777. But I know @twisted1919 and team are working on improving this.

What I started doing a while back was create a custom field in each list, called SENDS. It counts up in increments each time an email is sent to a recipient. I then integrate that rule into my dis-engagement segmentation, Example:

has not opened in >100 days
OR
SENDS is <4

That way I still include fresh subscribers.

The lack of grouping in order to create more complex segmentations, mixing ANY and ALL (and/or) has been pushing us to a limit, too, though, I have to admit.

I'm on the same page with you, @ridgerunner777. But I know @twisted1919 and team are working on improving this.

What I started doing a while back was create a custom field in each list, called SENDS. It counts up in increments each time an email is sent to a recipient. I then integrate that rule into my dis-engagement segmentation, Example:

has not opened in >100 days
OR
SENDS is <4

That way I still include fresh subscribers.

The lack of grouping in order to create more complex segmentations, mixing ANY and ALL (and/or) has been pushing us to a limit, too, though, I have to admit.
Right so we have to use the increment and go by that integer adding a number of 1 each send, instead of days or weeks in the list, by date added.. So that is a work around that kind of does very similar thing. For now it's the only way I see. In the all lists subscribers, you can choose the date added, but it is still static anyways, that only allows you to choose a discreet section of time, like this date last month to this date this month, but no such dynamic in the last x days or less than or equal to 30 days, etc. so even there you have access to the date added, that is NOT for some reason in segments, but still not dynamic, but static, so the only way is the increment method. So ok, increment it is.

For sure also, @nadworks .. yes, not having logic or condition groups, and using the word AND vs OR between each group of conditions, or each condition itself, kind of very limited, making you do multiple segments, then sending to them all, it de dupes them against one another, then makes a new merged list to send to.... so still works, but a lot more work.

Cannot do your net 30 day openers and net 45 day clickers all added on or before 9 days ago in one, you have to do the increment method and BE SURE you already have that being added on each email on the set up when sent to, and then do openers 30 days, and clickers separate segment clicked in last 45 days, older than 9 days, and then it will remove clickers from openers via de dupe, since all clickers have to be in opens segment too, and just seems like a lot of extra processing overhead strain on the DB as well when just regular standard segmentation with conditional logic could simplify up front in a single non complex segment.

I know they will get it there soooon, but hey SEGMENTATION Logic and capability is mission critical, not just a fun fancy feature. I'm glad you can do it with other methodology, but having it upgraded will be game changing in many ways!

Back