Unable to update mailwizz

YoohooSB

Hello,

I am giving a Mailwizz another try. I installed it a year or 2 ago on one of my servers and then I was able to set it up without much difficulties.

However few days ago when I installed it on new server and set it up the same way, I encountered a problem.

First problem was that I couldn't subscribe to my form which I integrated on a page built with Instabuilder plugin for Wordpress. I tried to subscribe yet my email doesn't show in my list. Again, everything was set up like it was when I was working on Mailwizz again.

Second problem is with update. I follow the steps on https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/upgrade-steps/ but when I go to http://www.yourdomain.com/backend/index.php/update I get: "Page Not Found" message ( As shown in attached file ). I have to note that in "Update" folder there is no backend/index.php/update page or folder for it to work.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Attachments

• mwupdate.png
    mwupdate.png
    50.8 KB · Views: 6
For update you can run below command

/usr/bin/php -q /your-file-path/public_html/apps/console/console.php auto-update --verbose=1

For update you can run below command

/usr/bin/php -q /your-file-path/public_html/apps/console/console.php auto-update --verbose=1
Thanks I will try. Does application has to be offline like stated in that guide above or it doesn't matter anymore ? Also, where to run this command ? In Terminal ?

Thanks for your help.

Am I doing something wrong ?
Are you sure you did that: Upload the contents of the “update” folder on your host, overwriting(don’t replace, but overwrite) the existing mailwizz files (the ones which you initially uploaded to install the app) ? if this step is done correctly then the update wizard should appear for sure.

Are you sure you did that: Upload the contents of the “update” folder on your host, overwriting(don’t replace, but overwrite) the existing mailwizz files (the ones which you initially uploaded to install the app) ? if this step is done correctly then the update wizard should appear for sure.
Absolutely sure. Also it's worth to note that in there is no /update file or folder anywhere inside backend folder so it's impossible to target that file/folder as it doesn't exist.

Absolutely sure. Also it's worth to note that in there is no /update file or folder anywhere inside backend folder so it's impossible to target that file/folder as it doesn't exist.
You need to copy all files from update folder to the existing mailwizz folder. If you can't do this alone try auto-update option from Backend > Settings > Common > Application auto update

Screenshot 2021-05-19 at 12.58.43.png

Thank you all for your help. I will try your suggestions and let you know. There is one more problem but I will see if the problem still exists after an update.

Back