Bounce servers

mfadal

Hi Everyone,

I am new to MailWizz and my first email in this forum, so please bear with me if my questions sound very basic:

I need some clarity about MailWizz bounce server creation/usage:

(1) Should the 'bounce email' and 'from email' be from the same domain? Or is their a way to have a separate bounce and from email?

(2) Should i create a separate 'bounce email' for each 'from email' address?

(3) Currently, i use a single 'bounce email' for multiple 'from email' address on the same domain as below:

From email 1: info@domain1.com
From email 2: news@domain1.com
From email 3: hello@domain1.com
From email 4: hi@domain1.com

Bounce email: bounce@domain1.com

(3) And what if i create a separate bounce email for each from email address as below, does it make any difference?

Bounce email 1: bounce1@domain1.com
Bounce email 2: bounce2@domain1.com
Bounce email 3: bounce3@domain1.com
Bounce email 4: bounce4@domain1.com

Thanks,
Mohammed

(1) Should the 'bounce email' and 'from email' be from the same domain? Or is their a way to have a separate bounce and from email?
This is not really necessary that the bounce email and from email should be from the same domain.
You can have a separate bounce email differ from "from" email but make sure the bounce email is spf signed to your smtp domain.

(2) Should i create a separate 'bounce email' for each 'from email' address?
That is not necessary if you know what you are doing.

(3) And what if i create a separate bounce email for each from email address as below, does it make any difference?
You can do that, the only difference is the stress of creating bounce emails for each from email and as well might consume more memory when Mailwizz is processing bounces from multiple bounce server when you can have a catchall bounce server.

There are levels to this thing which would be perfect while still uses a single bounce server anways.

But advise you stick to the one you know best.

Cheers

Andy, thank you very much for your inputs.

So if i create separate from & bounce emails (with spf signing), how does if affect delivery or email/domain reputation? Is this a preferred option?

I am looking into this so if 1 of the domains gets blocked i can always change it, but again, if esps would block they would block both domains together as well, right?

Thanks,
Mohammed

So if i create separate from & bounce emails (with spf signing), how does if affect delivery or email/domain reputation? Is this a preferred option?
If you you are using a catchall emails with spf signing, the only issue there is that if the catchall bounce domain or subdomain gets blacklisted, then it may affect your entire delivers servers you are using the catchall bounce for until you change it or remove it from the blacklist database.

Quick question here

Does the 1-4 below has their own delivery servers or you are using just one delivery servers but different "from email"

I am looking into this so if 1 of the domains gets blocked i can always change it, but again, if esps would block they would block both domains together as well, right?

ESP would only block offender domains.
I mean the specific domain that commit the since ;)

...and I think ESP only blacklist the domain that signs the eMails.

Andy, thanks again

At this point im exploring the possibilities of implementing this if it helps in the long term.

If at all i will go this route, each from email will have a separate bounce email (from a separate domain) if that is what you were asking ... that should take care of the catch all part, right?

As for your query 'Does the 1-4 below has their own delivery servers or you are using just one delivery servers but different "from email"':

Each of the 1-4 are on their own delivery servers with separate from email

What would you suggest, is it worth to have a separate bounce email for each from email using a separate delivery server?

Thanks,
Mohammed

Andy, Happy New Year :)

Hopefully my last question on this topic...

If i understand it correctly, the 'sinful' domain would be the 'bounce email' correct? If that is the case then this exercise does make sense as it would protect the 'from email' from damage ... am i reading it correctly?

Thanks,
Mohammed

Back