What is bounce server and how do I use it?

clever1

I'm not familiar with bounce server and what it does. Could someone recap to me what it does and how do I use it?

bounce server is an email address where your 'mta' will send bounce notifications ie: bad email address, etc. MW will go into this email every so often and scan these 'bounce' messages and remove the 'hard bounces' from your lists and it will mark the soft bounces ie "mail box full' as soft bounced and remove them only after X times soft bouncing.

Reactions: Rob
OK so when I set it up I should use something like noreply@mydoamin.com? And when I start a campaign the script will send a ping to the emails that is being sent before it actually being delivered and when it bounce it will send a message to that email?

Couldn't we send these bounce emails to a blacklist and when we send another campaign those emails will not be delivered?

OK so when I set it up I should use something like noreply@mydoamin.com? And when I start a campaign the script will send a ping to the emails that is being sent before it actually being delivered and when it bounce it will send a message to that email?

MW checks the bounce email address (every 10 minutes I believe). However the bounces are only known after an attempt at delivery has been made, it doesn't do a verification check before that attempt.

It then blacklists any hard bounces so you won't try and send to that address again which helps keep your sending reputation up.

Ok I tried creating a bounce server using my domain and bounce@mydomain.com email but after clicking save changes I got this message "
CDbException
CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away
"
After click the button the website took long to load about 30 seconds.
Am I doing this right?

Ok I tried creating a bounce server using my domain and bounce@mydomain.com email but after clicking save changes I got this message "
CDbException
CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away
"
After click the button the website took long to load about 30 seconds.
Am I doing this right?

You have some kind of MySQL server issue, not a MW issue. Check the MySQL logs to try and identify what it is doing.

This is also what I got.
If you are using NOTLS for the protocol you need to set Validate SSL to "no". At a guess though, whichever email service you are using will support TLS which would be a better way to do it.

Back