It seems that our domain has been backlisted by surbl

ejspyv

Hello,
I think we may have sent out too "large emails" out during our warm-up process. Our domain truetechadvisor.com seems to have been blacklisted by surbl. When I run a test through hetrixtools only one came up. My question is we have our VPS via Digital Ocean, I have been told that they are not great for hosting SMTP do you have any other suggestions on a VPS to use for MailWhizz?

Also, If we are only blacklisted by one of the RBL's are we ok to just go back to warming up the server, and hopefully will be removed from the surbl blacklist over time? OR should we just fire up another domain and start over? Any suggestions on how to proceed with this would be greatly appreciated since this is new to us.

Thank you!

do you have any other suggestions on a VPS to use for MailWhizz?
Why not use one of the providers? Maybe mysmtp.com or inboxroad, etc will work better for you?
Unless you have plenty experience, hosting your own smtp server can be a daunting task.

If we are only blacklisted by one of the RBL's are we ok to just go back to warming up the server, and hopefully will be removed from the surbl blacklist over time?
I would say you need to delist first. It shouldn't take too long. If the BL is one that has you take a break from sending for delisting, and you can wait, then wait, otherwise you can change the ip/domain/etc.

One of the providers like mail chimp? I really like mail whizz though, the only way to use mail whizz is if we have our own VPS right?

One of the providers like mail chimp? I really like mail whizz though, the only way to use mail whizz is if we have our own VPS right?
I looked at Inboxroad and mysmtp it looks like I can still use mailwhizz with these providers correct? I am just using their SMTP servers so I don't have to manage that correct?

I looked at Inboxroad and mysmtp it looks like I can still use mailwhizz with these providers correct? I am just using their SMTP servers so I don't have to manage that correct?
Also, are there any others like mysmtp or inbox to look at? Thank you!

One of the providers like mail chimp? I really like mail whizz though
Well, it would have been silly for us to recommend another product, don't you think ? :D
What i mean with email provider is a service like the ones listed at https://www.mailwizz.com/integrations/email-providers/
Amazon SES, SendGrid, MailGun, SparkPost, PepiPost, ElasticEmail, and the list goes on and on, all these work perfectly with MailWizz ;)

Thanks, oh I am not leaving mail whizz I like it a lot. :) So by using one of the above mentioned with mail whizz it allows me to get away from managing our own server correct? We would basically be using mail whiz then sending on say send grids servers?

From what I am reading Sendgrid will not let you send Cold Emails Correct? Seems as though no one really will let you unless you use your own SMTP.

Back