Master Unsubscribe List

seano4ever

Hi everyone,

I need some help.

Is there a way to set a master unsubscribe list in MW so that it applies to the entire account?

For example, I'm looking for a way that if I upload a new list, MW will go "hey you've just uploaded some contacts who have actually unsubscribed from you in the past so I'm not going to upload them."

I'm aware of the "Email Blacklist" but this does not automatically update.

Is there a way to set a master unsubscribe list in MW so that it applies to the entire account?

For example, I'm looking for a way that if I upload a new list, MW will go "hey you've just uploaded some contacts who have actually unsubscribed from you in the past so I'm not going to upload them."
That is not possible, if subscriber unsubscribe from one list maybe he wants to stay subscribed into another one, so I don't see a reason why you would do that.

I'm aware of the "Email Blacklist" but this does not automatically update.
You can do this manually. Download all unsubscribed emails and import them in Email blacklist. But I do not recommend this because Email Blackilst is a global list and then these emails will be blocked for all customers.

You can also handle the unsubscribe process by your own and use the API to unsubscribe people from the lists you want to unsubscribe.
Additionally, the tag [UNSUBSCRIBE_FROM_CUSTOMER_URL] will generate a url that will unsubscribe the subscriber from all the lists for that particular customer.

Back