[NEW] PowerGuide To Autoresponders & How To Set Them Up

Alex Read

Hi

I want to say thanks for this awesome software. I feel many people haven't seen the full power of the autoresponders. You can use it to replace Sendinblue, Drip, Mailshake, Mailchimp, etc.

I've done a video showing how I use it and what you can do with this. I haven't shown how to setup DKIM and all of that as there are some great threads about that. I also haven't talked about email verifying and that part.

https://www.useloom.com/share/8cc2f2584d8845fca772aa5ea9939df7

Notes:
1) I haven't tweaked the video. Please watch at 2X speed.

Suggestions/Areas To Improve:
1) Autoresponders - not sure how to enable timewarp on them.
So for the chasers not sure how to enable it so they get sent at 10AM in a persons timezone. Currently people get them at night or during the day, depending on the timezone.
2) Split testing headings - not sure if I've got a good system or not.
3) Would be nice to see headings in the AR lists table.
(you can get to them by pressing the info button but easier if there was a column in the table. ALSO - would be nice on web preview if headings were at the top.
4) Email Box Monitors - option to have a file that it checks for spam words that we can manage globally.
- let's say I find a new spam word I want to include, I need to update over 50 EBMS in various client accounts to check for this one word. If there was a global file we could just add it to, and it would apply to all EBMS in the account that would make life much easier. Without this, it's just not worth the time to edit 50+ EBMS.
5) Autoresponders send time limits
- I don't want to send on a weekend.
- I don't want to send at night.
So it would be great if we could limit it to weekdays only between 9AM and 5PM in the persons timezone. I've used a cron to get around the weekday thing but it's a bit tricky for other people to do that I think. A days of the week to send on is how most other mailers do it (lemlist, mailshake, mailchimp, autoklose, etc). Simple checkbox of which days you want to enable an AR on.
6) Email sequence priorities - let's say you have 4 ARs setup.
Main, Chaser 1, Chaser 2, Chaser 3.
Let's say you have a delivery server limit of 200 per day.
and you load 5000 emails into the campaign.
The issue is that it grabs the first 200 and loads them into the main each day and uses up the delivery server quota. BUT prospects that have been sent the Main AR never get the Chasers because the delivery server quota has been used.
SUGGESTION: people in an AR funnel should get emails and delivery server email quotas before it sends to new people!

Thanks to the DEV for this awesome software. It's been the best find of last year and I look forward to watching it develop. I've moved so many accounts off existing software and onto this. (one of my sites has 120 autoresponders all configured) :)

Good luck & enjoy the video!

Last edited:
By the I 100% agree with all you note

Especially about A/B testing >> is a very important functionality and 100% agree that every marketing platform should have it.

In addition to your list, I would add one more suggestion related to reporting improvement:
If I create AR flow for 10 campaigns and start injecting the emails to the list (for more then a week). It's very difficult to understand what was the consolidated (all 10 campaign) stats for today or this week and compare with the last period.

Is there any chance we can see improvement in this area in near future?

Last edited:
@GregKevey - thanks. No more videos planned yet. Hopefully a few of the features will be added.

I agree some form of stats for AR series would be great. E.g. how many people finish the series, etc.

Great video Alex, I am new to MailWizz and look forward to trying out the features you mentioned.

Thanks for speeding up my learning curve!

Thank you for the video.
I have a question about your setup.
If I have three buckets: 1. unopened 2. opened but no link clicked 3. opened and a link clicked
How do I set up the conditions so that if someone opens and clicks a link they are only placed in the third bucket?
Because when they open the email they will be moved to bucket 2 but click a link they will be moved to bucket 3 as well. And if I'm not mistaken the link click tracker doesn't kick in until 24 hours after the email is opened.
Thank you in advance for any help or direction.

Thank you for the video.
I have a question about your setup.
If I have three buckets: 1. unopened 2. opened but no link clicked 3. opened and a link clicked
How do I set up the conditions so that if someone opens and clicks a link they are only placed in the third bucket?
Because when they open the email they will be moved to bucket 2 but click a link they will be moved to bucket 3 as well. And if I'm not mistaken the link click tracker doesn't kick in until 24 hours after the email is opened.
Thank you in advance for any help or direction.
1) Create custom fields that have an incremenet by x for each action.
2) Then segment those. i.e. opened = 1
3) not sure about link click tracker.

Great run-through indeed!
Question to whoever knows this: if I create a welcome sequence using AR, can I - after setting it live - maintain/change the content of a welcome email over time without creating a brand new AR. I.e. if I want to keep my welcome email relevant and topical (i.e. occasionally change products / messages), but keep everything else in place about the sequence, is that possible?

The workflow would be something like:
Pause AR > edit/update template > unpause.

If anyone is using the AR's I've been thinking about split testing and how important it is:

This Is a Feature's I'm Pretty Desperate For:
REad this article:
From A 37% to 86% Cold Email Open Rate

They needed to split test. The issue is that if you have any AR's that depend on the first email (i.e. if open or not open) there's no way to split test subject lines.

Feature 1: Split Testing
1) Subject Line Testing (Open Rate Optimisation)
- give us the option to add 5 or 10 subject lines (however many we want)
- give us the option to set a critical threshold (i.e. after 100,1000, X views each)
- Once each has been seen by the threshold it chooses a winner and uses that for the AR.
- Shows a report with each subject line.
This means we don't need to run 10 different ARs to test subject lines. Makes it pretty impossible.

2) Body Copy Testing (Very similar) (CTA Optimisation)
- give us the option to add 5 or 10 body copies (however many we want)
- give us the option to set a critical threshold (i.e. after 100,1000, X views each)
- Once each has been seen by the threshold it chooses a winner and uses that for the AR.
- Shows a report with each body variation.

Why is this vital?
Subject line means you can make sure people open your email.
Body copy testing means you can make sure people click on your CTA.

The whole goal of emails is to get people to take an action, so an addon that does this is pretty important in my opinion.

How is everyone else getting around subject line split testing? Do we use another software like Lemlist/Mailshake/Autoklose, find a winning combo then migrate it to MW? Or is there another way?

Hey Alex, I'd love to talk... I need someone experienced in MailWizz to manage my campaigns for me. Would love to hear what your rates are.

Hi

I want to say thanks for this awesome software. I feel many people haven't seen the full power of the autoresponders. You can use it to replace Sendinblue, Drip, Mailshake, Mailchimp, etc.

I've done a video showing how I use it and what you can do with this. I haven't shown how to setup DKIM and all of that as there are some great threads about that. I also haven't talked about email verifying and that part.

https://www.useloom.com/share/8cc2f2584d8845fca772aa5ea9939df7

Notes:
1) I haven't tweaked the video. Please watch at 2X speed.

1) Autoresponders - not sure how to enable timewarp on them.
So for the chasers not sure how to enable it so they get sent at 10AM in a persons timezone. Currently people get them at night or during the day, depending on the timezone.
2) Split testing headings - not sure if I've got a good system or not.
3) Would be nice to see headings in the AR lists table.
(you can get to them by pressing the info button but easier if there was a column in the table. ALSO - would be nice on web preview if headings were at the top.
4) Email Box Monitors - option to have a file that it checks for spam words that we can manage globally.
- let's say I find a new spam word I want to include, I need to update over 50 EBMS in various client accounts to check for this one word. If there was a global file we could just add it to, and it would apply to all EBMS in the account that would make life much easier. Without this, it's just not worth the time to edit 50+ EBMS.
5) Autoresponders send time limits
- I don't want to send on a weekend.
- I don't want to send at night.
So it would be great if we could limit it to weekdays only between 9AM and 5PM in the persons timezone. I've used a cron to get around the weekday thing but it's a bit tricky for other people to do that I think. A days of the week to send on is how most other mailers do it (lemlist, mailshake, mailchimp, autoklose, etc). Simple checkbox of which days you want to enable an AR on.
6) Email sequence priorities - let's say you have 4 ARs setup.
Main, Chaser 1, Chaser 2, Chaser 3.
Let's say you have a delivery server limit of 200 per day.
and you load 5000 emails into the campaign.
The issue is that it grabs the first 200 and loads them into the main each day and uses up the delivery server quota. BUT prospects that have been sent the Main AR never get the Chasers because the delivery server quota has been used.
SUGGESTION: people in an AR funnel should get emails and delivery server email quotas before it sends to new people!

Thanks to the DEV for this awesome software. It's been the best find of last year and I look forward to watching it develop. I've moved so many accounts off existing software and onto this. (one of my sites has 120 autoresponders all configured) :)

Good luck & enjoy the video!
@twisted1919 - it's been nearly a year. Are any of these features planned for Mailwizz or is the tool only designed for very large volume email blasts and you're not planning on adding these at all? (No issue as I'll use another tool for split testing then when ready for large blasts & setups will then use Mailwizz, but it would be great if MW could handle it)

@twisted1919 - it's been nearly a year. Are any of these features planned for Mailwizz or is the tool only designed for very large volume email blasts and you're not planning on adding these at all? (No issue as I'll use another tool for split testing then when ready for large blasts & setups will then use Mailwizz, but it would be great if MW could handle it)

What tools do you use for split testing? I'm searching for solution too.

We want to improve on this side a lot. As i mentioned multiple times in the past.
For now our times goes into fixing 1.x issues and working on 2.x, but once these settle down, we'd love to tackle these.

Thank you, please pay very close attention to MailShake, it has so many user friendly features and would take the software to the next level.

We would love a tool that analyzes the spaminess of our email content integrated as well!

Hello Guys,

Please i just started using mailwizz but i discovered that some of the content of my mail get truncated,

Please what do i do

Back