How does domain redirect impact email deliverability?

Jess

I use several different emails for my campaigns, each of a different domain, each of those domains are 301 redirected to my main website.

My open rates dropped significantly a couple months back and while just swapping to a new sending email (of a new domain) used to fix the problem before, now it does not - my emails get opened in the first hour, and then the open rates decrease drastically as if my messages were just blocked completely.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe it's because all of my domains (those I use sending emails of) are redirecting to my main website (same website). The new sending domain gets blocked within the first hour, while mailtester and glockapps show perfect inboxing every time. Perfect scores on testing but the emails are not being opened.

Does anyone have any experience with sending from redirected domain emails? Is it possible that all domains redirecting to the same website and not actually existing as a stand-alone website could cause such deliverability issues? what else it could be?

Thanks!

Is it possible that all domains redirecting to the same website and not actually existing as a stand-alone website could cause such deliverability issues?
Yes, since that website has a known rep the forwarder quickly inherits that.

Back