Can't add attachment in 1.5.1

Max Kostikov

Hello!

Trying to add .xls file as message attachment but recieve just message text without it.
How can I to find out where is a problem because web server logs (Nginx) tells nothing about.

Attachment isn't large (about 100K). We are sending thru SMTP server but problem do not lies here because other email clients sends attachement without any issues.

@Max Kostikov - I see, do you use swiftmailer or PhpMailer ? (see backend > settings > common).
Also, keep in mind that you have to actually send a campaign to see the attachments, they don't get attached to tests.
Also, after you add the attachment, return to previous step and make sure the attachment is there, and if it is, then it means it will be attached to the email, so check the eamil server logs as well.

Also, keep in mind that you have to actually send a campaign to see the attachments, they don't get attached to tests.
Oh, really? I didn't know it. Let me check.
Also, after you add the attachment, return to previous step and make sure the attachment is there, and if it is, then it means it will be attached to the email, so check the eamil server logs as well.
Yes, .zip and .pdf are here but not .doc, .xls and so on.

Last edited:
I can confirm that attached .zip and .pdf are were sent during test campaign.
So we have Microsoft Office file types issue only.

@frm.mwz I agree. I really don't understand why attachments in Mailiwizz requires message HTML format.

@twisted1919 and we still have problem with .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx attachments. Mailwizz silently ignores such file adding.

ijiABev.png

and we still have problem with .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx attachments. Mailwizz silently ignores such file adding.
Most likely because the mime type does not match what PHP reports back, so you need to make sure you find the right mime type.
While i know this is a hassle, it also makes sure things stay safe and people cannot trick the system unless you let it be tricked.

I agree. I really don't understand why attachments in Mailiwizz requires message HTML format.
Because it simply does not make any sense. A truly plain-text message can't have attachments because it's nothing but text, adding attachments makes it a multipart message, which simply beats the purpose of such emails.

Most likely because the mime type does not match what PHP reports back, so you need to make sure you find the right mime type.
I checked MIME types added in Mailwizz with NGINX and they are completely equivalent.

# egrep "doc|xls" /etc/nginx/mime.types
application/msword doc;
application/vnd.ms-excel xls;
application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document docx;
application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet xlsx;
application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.presentation pptx;
I don't know how to find out what happens on PHP side. What can we do to fix this issue?

Back