Blacklist/Suppression List handling in MW

I used Interspire Email Marketer before I discovered MailWizz EMA. For me unfortunately the blacklist handling is totally different in MW now :( I have a BL with about 3K of entries in IEM (including many of blacklisted domains-only in the format of *@domain.com or just @domain.com).
How can I import this blacklist into MW the easiest way? Does MW support multiple blacklists (e.g. per List)?

What does "Local checks" and "Allow new records" under /backend/index.php/settings/email-blacklist mean?

Thank you guys :)

Hey,

Having also used IEM in the past you can do the following:

1) export your blacklist/supression file from IEM.
2) Open the csv file in Excel.
3) Press CTRL + F
4) Type in this ?@*.* and then select Find All
5) Select the first result and then scroll down to the last result and press SHIFT and select the last result. That should hightlight them all and select all the valid email addresses in the CSV file. Close the find window.
6) Press CTRL + C to copy them
7) Press CTRL + N to open a new workbook and then press the Enter key which will paste all the valid emails. Save that file as a CSV and call it EmailBlacklist.csv. You can then import that list to the Backend Email Blacklist.
8) On the original file press the Delete button (NOT the one on your keyboard, the one inbetween Insert and Format on Excel). That will delete all the selected emails you just pasted in the other saved file leaving you with just the @domain.com
9) In the MW Backend go to Settings and Email Blacklist, where it has the Regular expressions box you need to enter the domains you want to block in the following format:

Domain to blacklist: @gmail.com
RegEx: (.*)@gmail\.com

Domain to blacklist: yahoo.co.uk
RegEx: (.*)@yahoo\.co\.uk

So from all the domains left in the CSV file just add them in that Regular Expressions box using the example above. Just remember to change the @google to @domain. 1 per line.

Hope this helps.

@sendmedialtd
Wow, thank you very much for your appreciated help. That helps me a lot! How can I buy you a beer?
smileys-bier-193121.gif

Btw, is it okay if I add the domains in the format /(.*)@yahoo-inc\.com/i instead of (.*)@yahoo-inc\.com, because in the Regex box of MW (under Settings and Email Blacklist) there are some samples predefined in that format?

And what does "Local checks" and "Allow adding new records" mean?

Thank you very much again and have a nice weekend :)

Last edited:
Not a problem, you owe me ;)

Yes sorry your Regex is correct, i forgot to add the / at the start and the /i at the end :)

Local Checks: whether to check the email address against the local database

Allow adding new records: whether to allow new records to be added to the blacklist

Hey,

Having also used IEM in the past you can do the following:

1) export your blacklist/supression file from IEM.
2) Open the csv file in Excel.
3) Press CTRL + F
4) Type in this ?@*.* and then select Find All
5) Select the first result and then scroll down to the last result and press SHIFT and select the last result. That should hightlight them all and select all the valid email addresses in the CSV file. Close the find window.
6) Press CTRL + C to copy them
7) Press CTRL + N to open a new workbook and then press the Enter key which will paste all the valid emails. Save that file as a CSV and call it EmailBlacklist.csv. You can then import that list to the Backend Email Blacklist.
8) On the original file press the Delete button (NOT the one on your keyboard, the one inbetween Insert and Format on Excel). That will delete all the selected emails you just pasted in the other saved file leaving you with just the @domain.com
9) In the MW Backend go to Settings and Email Blacklist, where it has the Regular expressions box you need to enter the domains you want to block in the following format:

Domain to blacklist: @gmail.com
RegEx: (.*)@gmail\.com

Domain to blacklist: yahoo.co.uk
RegEx: (.*)@yahoo\.co\.uk

So from all the domains left in the CSV file just add them in that Regular Expressions box using the example above. Just remember to change the @google to @domain. 1 per line.

Hope this helps.

hey sorry for digging up an old thread. Can this be used for spamtraps and a suppression list too?

Back