Delivery server verification & account verification email takes forever and sometime not received

Niks

Hi,

I am not sure if it is a mailwizz issue but whenever I add new delivery server, it forces me to verify that server using an email id. Then it takes forever to receive that email (sometime email is not received at all - and server remains in in-active step.). Is there a way to avoid this ? because in this case 'from' and 'to' address is same is which can be red flag for many email providers.

Also, user verification email is not getting generated. Can be a same issue. Can we use admin's SMTP server to send these user verification emails?

Hi,

I am not sure if it is a mailwizz issue but whenever I add new delivery server, it forces me to verify that server using an email id. Then it takes forever to receive that email (sometime email is not received at all - and server remains in in-active step.). Is there a way to avoid this ? because in this case 'from' and 'to' address is same is which can be red flag for many email providers.

Also, user verification email is not getting generated. Can be a same issue. Can we use admin's SMTP server to send these user verification emails?
You can specify the purpose of delivery servers and this way make sure these verification emails are sent out fast as they do not get added to the end of the queue of otherwise busy delivery servers.

@Niks - We force you to validate the server this way because it is the best way to make sure the delivery server will work afterwards. We could just issue a simple connection to the server and be done with it, but that would mean we leave room for errors and we can't afford this ;) Please note that you can send the verification email to any email address, it does not have to be the same as the one from the delivery server.

Related to the timing the email takes, if the server you are using has a huge queue of emails, it might take a while for the email to arrive indeed, you can just wait for it.

I am facing the same issue from customer end.

I have a server awaiting verification. The email is sent, but didnt got in the inbox or spam for some particular servers. already waited for a day.

Whereas, some server verification emails are coming in hot and smooth. no issue.

what can be the issue?

I am facing the same issue from customer end.

I have a server awaiting verification. The email is sent, but didnt got in the inbox or spam for some particular servers. already waited for a day.

Whereas, some server verification emails are coming in hot and smooth. no issue.

what can be the issue?
If it was sent, then the DS might be busy working off a looong queue.
If it was not sent, then find out why (switch on debugging after you look into the log).

mwz DS logs (backend)
Application log

2017/09/30 10:15:03 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!
2017/09/30 10:15:03 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!
2017/09/30 10:15:04 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!
This error is coming from some time and I once asked Twisted about this and he said its fine and normal. Though there are 2 delivery servers assigned to backend. One is for transaction and one for normal use.

And from where I can see the other two logs? /var/logs?

Application log

2017/09/30 10:15:04 [error] [application] Cannot find a valid server to send the campaign email, aborting until a delivery server is available!
This error is coming from some time and I once asked Twisted about this and he said its fine and normal. Though there are 2 delivery servers assigned to backend. One is for transaction and one for normal use.

And from where I can see the other two logs? /var/logs?
Re logs, these are enough for now.
Check customer and cust group quota, assignment of DS (cust or sys), if you have checked them in camp setup, and if those DS actually work (i.e. if they are setup with validation emails, activated, and ready to send, and even so, test each again with a test email one transactional, one camp)).

cust group quota
Nothing on quota

assignment of DS (cust or sys
Nothing assigned to customers. they are not allowed to use system servers. Transaction works fine and server verification is 50:50. Some servers, it goes fine and for some, it doesnt go. MWZ shows that the email has been sent, but nothing is received in the inbox/junk.

I tried to verify my server from customer side and the emails is shown as sent, but never got one in inbox/spam.
For some customers, the delivery server verification works like a charm. No issues all goes smooth.

Nothing assigned to customers. they are not allowed to use system servers
That's it.
If no DS assigned to cust, and cust not allowed to use sys DS, then their emails cannot go out, unless cust can use their own DS (but this I could not see from your above descriptions, do cust DS exist?).

do cust DS exist?
Yes.. here is the thing. Customers are allowed to add their own SMTP i.e. add their SMTP from hosting or use any other 3rd party SMTP provider to use it as an SMTP to send emails.

People who are using their own SMTP are having these issues. They add their own delivery servers i.e. add their SMTP from hosting and try to verify the server. MWZ says email has been sent, but no e-mail is recieved in the inbox of the customer to verify the email for server verification.

This issue is not faced by everyone. Some of the customers are facing this issue..

Yes.. here is the thing. Customers are allowed to add their own SMTP i.e. add their SMTP from hosting or use any other 3rd party SMTP provider to use it as an SMTP to send emails.

People who are using their own SMTP are having these issues. They add their own delivery servers i.e. add their SMTP from hosting and try to verify the server. MWZ says email has been sent, but no e-mail is recieved in the inbox of the customer to verify the email for server verification.

This issue is not faced by everyone. Some of the customers are facing this issue..
That means their DS are not allowing injection from mwz. It either can be setup at their DS end or they need to use another DS where that is possible. This is always the same.
If you can name some examples of their DS, help might be possible.

For example Hostgator. I recently made a test customer account and tried to verify the server. Never got an email
You mean created an email account at hostgator shared/reseller hosting
then to be used as delivery server from within mailwizz?
That work, if the settings are correct.
If you want this/anything solved, it would be good to check each part step by step, and give full info for each issue.

shared/reseller hosting
The hosting is shared
Email account made on Hostgator
Delivery server is of HG.

MWZ is hosted on some different server and it has nothing to do with HG. I am using HG as an customer and facing the same issue of emails are not being delivered, like a few other customers who have got the same issue.

The hosting is shared
Email account made on Hostgator
Delivery server is of HG.

MWZ is hosted on some different server and it has nothing to do with HG. I am using HG as an customer and facing the same issue of emails are not being delivered, like a few other customers who have got the same issue.
Exactly that setup has been used also by others where I fixed things and it works.
Either your setup needs some adjustment on some of those accounts, or they are filtering some traffic out.
(You can always PM me to get this or any other problem resolved. No fix, no fee.)

Exactly that setup has been used also by others where I fixed things and it works.
Either your setup needs some adjustment on some of those accounts, or they are filtering some traffic out.
(You can always PM me to get this or any other problem resolved. No fix, no fee.)

Hi there,

i have sent the varification email 2 days ago, the DS said email was sent, but i received nothing in my inbox.

just for information, bounce servers and feedback loop servers are active.

what do you think about that? frm.mwz

Hi there,

i have sent the varification email 2 days ago, the DS said email was sent, but i received nothing in my inbox.

just for information, bounce servers and feedback loop servers are active.

what do you think about that? frm.mwz

If you didn't receive the email means there is an issue with the smtp server. What smtp software you are using postfix, exim and powermta which one you are using? Your smtp server might be stucked. Try to send email from your smtp server to your email address via putty you will understand what to do. It happens to me also a lot of times.

the DS said email was sent
It was probably confirmed that the email was transferred to the DS, but there is probably no proof that the DS actually sent it.
What @nav wrote is definitely one way to go about.
If you cannot issue the commands manually in dialogue with the smtp, then a simple look into the queue might do ;)

Reactions: nav
Back