forum search function

frm.mwz

(Not a top priority, but it could help save anyone's time, users as well as those doing un/paid support.)
Suggesting the forum search function to include KB search results and display them first.
Also hopefully doable a google-like search for all forum and KB, since sometimes it is hard to find the appropriate thread/post when using the built-in (xenforo forum) search.

Last edited:
Actually, I tend to use Google quite a lot for finding what I am looking for here, put these strings into the Google search:

KB search:
site:kb.mailwizz.com <whatever you want to find>

whole domain (incl KB):
site:mailwizz.com <whatever you want to find>

only the forum:
site:forum.mailwizz.com <whatever you want to find>

whole domain (excl KB):
site:mailwizz.com -inurl:kb <whatever you want to find>

(and if you don't need to search for any particular string, then just leave out <whatever you want to find> )

The problem with the above is that only pages in google's index will be found, while for the internal search feature every page at least has a chance to be found, no matter whether it's in Google's index or not.

But for x sake, whatever is done here, do not use paid-for Google site search integrated into the site! Brrrr!

Actually, I tend to use Google quite a lot for finding what I am looking for here, put these strings into the Google search:

KB search:
site:kb.mailwizz.com <whatever you want to find>

whole domain (incl KB):
site:mailwizz.com <whatever you want to find>

only the forum:
site:forum.mailwizz.com <whatever you want to find>

whole domain (excl KB):
site:mailwizz.com -inurl:kb <whatever you want to find>

(and if you don't need to search for any particular string, then just leave out <whatever you want to find> )

The problem with the above is that only pages in google's index will be found, while for the internal search feature every page at least has a chance to be found, no matter whether it's in Google's index or not.

But for x sake, whatever is done here, do not use paid-for Google site search integrated into the site! Brrrr!

Yes, of course, (and thank you for reminding of all these!), I do that too (and suggested 'site: search' as well before on the forum), but, this way, users still need to search both (think time, laziness, quicker to write post, etc), and the kb is not on top, which would be ideal. BTW, google site search for enterprises is not offered anymore anyway, so I thought there was a way to stream the "site:xyz" results into the search results before the xenforo search results, and then display the combined ones (maybe to difficult to implement). It might be easiest to use a free alternative: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Solr
:)

Back