Bounce and fbl dont work

daro smith

to all Experts in MailWizz,

I would like to pay you a fee if you could give me a quick consultation of how to fix bounces on my MailWizz server. I did open a ticket with MW, but they seem slow to respond and not very helpful. I have the following servers:

-MailWizz on server1
-PMTA on server2
-Sending domain/bounce/fbl servers on server3

Everything (spf, dkim, tracking, unsubscribe url, sending) work as expected. Only bounces and fbl don't seem to be processed.

How much is your fee?

Can you help with that.

Cheers

D.S

Problem here is the issue he's having isn't something i can fix. Since he's using pmta, bounce handling is a bit different and we don't cover this in support(i also, like stated several times, have no pmta experience).
He knows best that in our messages i always replied pretty promptly, but i guess he's kind of frustrated because he can't fix this particular issue, which again, isn't something i can do.

Bounce processing in mailwizz works just fine as long as you use web apis and/or regular imap/pop3 accounts and your mta doesn't screw the headers. Any other use case isn't covered by mailwizz and you have to do it custom, for example for pmta we have this: https://github.com/magicdude4eva/port25-bouncehandler which has to be implemented by a developer most likely.

I
Bounce processing in mailwizz works just fine as long as you use web apis and/or regular imap/pop3 accounts and your mta doesn't screw the headers. Any other use case isn't covered by mailwizz and you have to do it custom, for example for pmta we have this: https://github.com/magicdude4eva/port25-bouncehandler which has to be implemented by a developer most likely.

Hi,
I am install PowerMTA with port25-bouncehandler , it's working fine and www.mail-tester.com scores 10/10,I am send Campaign with Invalid Email & invalid Email Automatically Unsubscribed from subscriber List . My Problem Bounce not showing in DASHBORAD , Check both Screenshot Unsubscribed.png Bounce and fbl.png

I covered this here as a reply: https://github.com/magicdude4eva/port25-bouncehandler/issues/12#issuecomment-324093860

With my port25-bouncehandler I unsubscribe a bounced email from ALL lists. This would mean that an email is unsubscribed from currently running campaigns as well as scheduled campaigns. There seems to be no MailWizz API (and I am not sure if this is even technically possible/reasonable for my case) where an email can be subscribed from all lists and mark the subscriber in the current running- and scheduled campaigns as "bounced".

The port25-bounce does reflect in the Unsubscribe which is not ideal, but something we can live with (in our case it is more important to stop sending email to bounced recipients than to worry about a statistic not reflecting).

Hi, hope everything is going fine around there, indeed we are in debt with twisted1919..:cool:
Are you guys using http://www.powermtaservers.com/ or which one??

I'm using SES and it's very good to get into inbox with hotmail, how this powermta servers goes? is it better than SES or definetly not? how it goes with hotmail clients?

Thanks in advance

Hi, hope everything is going fine around there, indeed we are in debt with twisted1919..:cool:
Are you guys using http://www.powermtaservers.com/ or which one??

I'm using SES and it's very good to get into inbox with hotmail, how this powermta servers goes? is it better than SES or definetly not? how it goes with hotmail clients?

We tried hosted services but the USD exchange rate and volatility of our local currency presented an issue with regards to TCO. We also found that most hosted solutions would incur a cost of about $1-2k/pm for our volume of about 15-20m mails per month. We bought a Port25 enterprise license years back and Port25 has been super-reliable with pushing a good 100-150K emails out per hour on one instance.

From all the queries/questions I get regarding my scripts and Port25 it seems that companies decide on self-hosting but then assign the management of Port25 to staff who lack the basic Linux skills. Email is difficult to manage - especially when it comes to best-practises and not burning your own IPs. My suggestion is to use a hosted solution if you lack the technical skills and not to self-host because you want to save money.

Email is difficult to manage - especially when it comes to best-practises and not burning your own IPs. My suggestion is to use a hosted solution if you lack the technical skills and not to self-host because you want to save money.
Exactly! On really substantial operations you basically need 24/7 support, which means at least 2 full timers, better 4, so true postmastering gets quickly quite expensive. You can try to outsource, but this can pose additional difficulties.
How did you guys solve that one?

Exactly! On really substantial operations you basically need 24/7 support, which means at least 2 full timers, better 4, so true postmastering gets quickly quite expensive. You can try to outsource, but this can pose additional difficulties.
How did you guys solve that one?

We have automated all the bounce-handling and reporting. Port25 requires no 24/7 support as it is stable as rock once properly configured. The SysOps team does the regular maintenance/upgrades. Monitoring (Zabbix / Pagerduty) does the rest.

We have automated all the bounce-handling and reporting. Port25 requires no 24/7 support as it is stable as rock once properly configured. The SysOps team does the regular maintenance/upgrades. Monitoring (Zabbix / Pagerduty) does the rest.
Nice automation. Do you believe you can keep it on autopilot if it was 10M+/day?

The other thing, from the post aboe, can you see if this one can be fixed, it comes down as xml, not php:
https://github.com/magicdude4eva/po...s/download/1.2/Campaign_bouncesController.php

Nice automation. Do you believe you can keep it on autopilot if it was 10M+/day?

We can burst to about 150K/p.h. and Port25 could very well push out about 3m mails per day. Port25 and the scripts would not have an issue with the automation. In a setup of 10M+/day you will just need to cluster Port25. Our longest uptime on Port25 was 130days without any interference (we then did a PowerMTA v4.5r10 upgrade)

I am not sure why the PHP comes down as XML - on my end (Chrome / OS X) it comes down as a download. You can always just right-click save.

Port25 could very well push out about 3m mails per day
Yes, I think it is even 2.5M/h (and higher on better servers), maybe the new version can do even better. How would the clustering work, can you just scale it like MailerQ with multiple instances being aware of each other?

I am not sure why the PHP comes down as XML - on my end (Chrome / OS X) it comes down as a download. You can always just right-click save.
Oddly, FF did not do it, but Chrome did, thx :)

We can burst to about 150K/p.h. and Port25 could very well push out about 3m mails per day. Port25 and the scripts would not have an issue with the automation. In a setup of 10M+/day you will just need to cluster Port25. Our longest uptime on Port25 was 130days without any interference (we then did a PowerMTA v4.5r10 upgrade)

Brother but does you mail list have hotmail clients on it?

Back