Delivery services - how many to use and which are best?

Pat Friedl

I was using Amazon SES, but they're so strict. Even the most mild emails were getting marked as spam by some users and I got emailed that I was on probation because my complaint rate was 0.6%.

So I'm switching to multiple sending services, and I've signed up with SendGrid and SparkPost, but are there some preferred services, and how many should I use to spread out delivery on a 20K+ list?

Hello Pat,

Also signup with Elasticmail.

As you are facing such issue, then you can change delivery server at each 250 sent.

I was using Amazon SES, but they're so strict. Even the most mild emails were getting marked as spam by some users and I got emailed that I was on probation because my complaint rate was 0.6%.

So I'm switching to multiple sending services, and I've signed up with SendGrid and SparkPost, but are there some preferred services, and how many should I use to spread out delivery on a 20K+ list?
Ideally stick with as few as possible, as otherwise the switching for the same content will be picked up by filters as well, and then potentially classified as snow shoe mailing.
You find almost all of the good third party delivery servers in the third party section of the forum:
https://forum.mailwizz.com/threads/delivery-servers-especially-those-with-free-volumes.1748
;)

Ok, thanks for the heads up on minimizing the number of servers. I'll stick with SendGrid and SparkPost for now.

Back