PowerMTA Dashboard - Central PMTA Configuration Management

@bidorbuy

Thanks for your input mate, nice to meet you, love you pmta script !!!

I totally agree that monitoring the flow of a PMTA server and making adjustments is more important that a boilerplate configuration file but PMTA-Dashboard was built just to make things easier for even a techie to use. It was not build to negate the need for someone who understands what they are doing at all but I do see your point.

One of the things I want to be doing / adding is pulling and parsing the accounting files to give some feedback. stats about what is happening within the log files but thats going to be a job an a half lol.

Dropped you a PM

@jp1981

FB Fist was shut down because we got a C and D plus a law suite from Facebook.
I also was the developer of the software, not the front man, sales guy nor did I handle the money. That was Burton Lancaster and he screwed me for large amounts of money and left me out the hang with Facebook.

I'm extremely sorry that you did not get your product nor a refund and I would like to make it right.

Do you still by any chance have the same PayPal account or know what email address you used to purchase with. If we can verifiy proof of purchase then we can work something out.
Kind Regards

Which tools could automate this (to save time/cost compared to manual/outsourced adjustments)?

On our side this is proprietary, but we use a combination of Logstash, Graylog and Kibana. I can offer the Logstash configuration for free though: https://gist.github.com/magicdude4eva/5001d3b52743062f6fb28e3a92b7fce4

Logstash is very nice to work with. We used it for quite a while. We now use our own tool that relies on a DB to store the data. Various reasons why we chose this option.

As @bidorbuy mentioned. Key is to analyze your log files and then adjust domain settings within pmta. We have a lot of clients that use their own CRM or 3rd party tools to relay transactional or marketing emails but do not have a full blown suite to manage/track bounces etc.

dashboard.png logs1.jpg logs2.jpg

That dashboard is very slick ...

So your pulling that data from logstash? or the logfiles of PMTA directly? or is it 3rd party software? love it though !!!!

Graylog / Kibana / Logstash will sort out most reporting aspects. We have not looked at a log-file since then and normally work off a few dashboards which are displayed in realtime - drill-down is instant:
upload_2017-4-3_13-53-7.png

Marketing guys would look at Kibana as it is not as "technical". All of it is using OSS (Logstash, Graylog, Kibana and ElasticSearch) - configuration is probably beyond the scope of non-technical people (if you don't know what a Regex is, running any of the above is probably too challenging).

That dashboard is very slick ...

So your pulling that data from logstash? or the logfiles of PMTA directly? or is it 3rd party software? love it though !!!!

Data is taken directly from the PMTA log file and then stored in a DB. Its not a 3rd party software. Was developed to our needs by the very same man who developed mailwizz @twisted1919. Best dev I worked with thus far :D

Hey, would anyone here that is using Powermta Dashboard care to comment on how it is working? And, how it is saving time/effort setting up VMTAs? Or any other comments. I am interested in purchasing to help save on setup/management time for multiple PMTA servers with large IP ranges (many VMTAs). I was going to have some scripts written to manage setup and changes to PMTA VMTAs. No sense reinventing the wheel if this already does it. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Back