Out of Office

So what I want I think is pretty simple and should already be happening but I needed to double check. Do out of office replies go to the "From email" or do they only go to bounce? I have looked at emails coming into google using the google admin tools and it shows the email as coming from bounce@xxx.com instead of xxx@gmail.com.

So if it doesn't go to the from email specified in the campaign, how do I get them to all go there.

If they already do go to that email why when I do a send-out using a google email as a tester (set to out of office) and a google email as the from email do I not get an out of office to the from email. I also want to note that I don't get a out of office in the bounce email inbox nor do I see it in the bounce logs.

I also should note I've looked through the filters and I don't see anything about out of office. Also should note that the from email does receive out of office but I don't believe we are getting all of them. Is this something out of are control or is there something I can do?

So what I want I think is pretty simple and should already be happening but I needed to double check. Do out of office replies go to the "From email" or do they only go to bounce? I have looked at emails coming into google using the google admin tools and it shows the email as coming from bounce@xxx.com instead of xxx@gmail.com.

So if it doesn't go to the from email specified in the campaign, how do I get them to all go there.

If they already do go to that email why when I do a send-out using a google email as a tester (set to out of office) and a google email as the from email do I not get an out of office to the from email. I also want to note that I don't get a out of office in the bounce email inbox nor do I see it in the bounce logs.

I also should note I've looked through the filters and I don't see anything about out of office. Also should note that the from email does receive out of office but I don't believe we are getting all of them. Is this something out of are control or is there something I can do?
You are getting messages from bounce@xxx.com because your letter wasn't accepted by the side that you were sending this letter to (probably because of invalid/blocked/inactive email address).
MailWizz handles such messages very easy, just setup the bounce servers correctly and you will be fine with bounce processing.
Also you may take a look at gmail docs about bounce processing and what is bounce messages here: https://support.google.com/a/answer/1071514?hl=en

Also note that I have this email whitelisted and the email came in just fine. But I have the email address its going to set to out of office yet I didn't get an out of office reply.

Also note that I have this email whitelisted and the email came in just fine. But I have the email address its going to set to out of office yet I didn't get an out of office reply.
Easiest is to have all totally consistent
FROM = ReplyTO = BOUNCE = ReturnPath
this way, receiving mail servers have 'no doubts' (i.e. their filters cannot get crazy and there is anyway only one way to get back to/at you)
then forward all returning emails to an archive which you can use/copy by imap clients. Then the original bounce box can work off all real bounces, and you have copies for analysis/learning (e.g. improving filter rules) and you can work with customer emails as you please.

Easiest is to have all totally consistent
FROM = ReplyTO = BOUNCE = ReturnPath
this way, receiving mail servers have 'no doubts' (i.e. their filters cannot get crazy and there is anyway only one way to get back to/at you)
then forward all returning emails to an archive which you can use/copy by imap clients. Then the original bounce box can work off all real bounces, and you have copies for analysis/learning (e.g. improving filter rules) and you can work with customer emails as you please.

Yes I agree this would be best but what do you do when you don't have that luxury? So I am correct I have very little control over this because the mail servers receiving get to decide where to send the out of office back to. That being said then is there a way that I can make it so that the emails I DO have control over say the ReplyTo, BOUNCE, and ReturnPath have a trigger that forwards all xxx filtered emails to the FROM email. That way no matter where the emails come in I can have them pushed to the FROM email allowing clients to get all the out of office emails and anything else I think they would want.

You are getting messages from bounce@xxx.com because your letter wasn't accepted by the side that you were sending this letter to (probably because of invalid/blocked/inactive email address).
MailWizz handles such messages very easy, just setup the bounce servers correctly and you will be fine with bounce processing.
Also you may take a look at gmail docs about bounce processing and what is bounce messages here: https://support.google.com/a/answer/1071514?hl=en
Problem is that the second time it was accepted and I got the same result.

is there a way that I can make it so that the emails I DO have control over say the ReplyTo, BOUNCE, and ReturnPath have a trigger that forwards all xxx filtered emails to the FROM email. That way no matter where the emails come in I can have them pushed to the FROM email allowing clients to get all the out of office emails and anything else I think they would want.
If you can have forwarders on all of those email addresses, then you could either have the filters directly on them (if they have such features), or use another gmail account after that with all its filter (and storage/archive) capacities ;)

Back