Bounce server not working

KYI

I have config bounce server on mailwizz however when I tested sending wrong email,
it shown emails sent successfully where it supposed to bounce back to my bounce mail.

I'm using my own smtp, please assist

Attachments

• 716556892.jpg
    716556892.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 23
I have config bounce server on mailwizz however when I tested sending wrong email,
it shown emails sent successfully where it supposed to bounce back to my bounce mail.

I'm using my own smtp, please assist
Check the bounce box for the failed email you are expecting (incl the IDs of campaign and subscriber). If it is not accessible or if the bounced email(s) are not there (with the required info in them), it cannot work.

Check the bounce box for the failed email you are expecting (incl the IDs of campaign and subscriber). If it is not accessible or if the bounced email(s) are not there (with the required info in them), it cannot work.

I have checked my bounce box, it's empty inside.

In the delivery server setup (for an smtp) you can choose the bounce server that will be associated with that delivery server.

I have associated the bounce server with delivery server.

Below are my setting screenshots.
632019368.jpg 1013782196.jpg

In the second picture, as no bounce server is chosen there, see the box for 'bounce server' and choose one.

now my mailbox successfully received the bounce report after your guidance. Thanks.

If bounce serve will auto remove the soft/hard bounce email from my list, and also keep those entries to email blacklist?

Last edited:
It will not remove them, just blacklist them ;)

Yes.

Thanks alot for the reply!

now i have another problem. LOL.

I'm setting up another smtp with mailwizz.
I followed exactly the same way to set up however the bounce is not trigger.

I doubt it's because of my hostname and nameserver is different so the bounce server is not functioning.

Does it matter when hostname and nameserver is different?
Last time I used the same hostname (mydomain.com) and nameserver (ns1.mydomain.com)

followed exactly the same way to set up however the bounce is not trigger.
What you mean with not trigger?
If you check the emails you receive from that delivery server, does they have the Return-Path header set to the bounce server email address ?

Back