How to use multiple IPs

Gizmo321

When I send an email in mailwizz, it always has the IP address mailwizz is installed on in the email header, even if I am using a delivery server on a completely different server with a different IP address. I have tried adding a sending domain hosted on a different server but that didn't change anything.

How can I setup mailwizz so that some campaigns send using one IP, and some send using a second IP? Is my only option to get a new MTA? My goal is to use one mailiwizz installation for two companies and keep everything separate so if one gets a poor sender reputation it has no effect on the other.

When I send an email in mailwizz, it always has the IP address mailwizz is installed on in the email header, even if I am using a delivery server on a completely different server with a different IP address. I have tried adding a sending domain hosted on a different server but that didn't change anything.
This is expected, is not mailwizz who sets those headers but the server that receives the email from mailwizz is the one that does it.
Depending on the smtp server, you might be able to set this up differently, you'll have to consult the smtp server docs.

How can I setup mailwizz so that some campaigns send using one IP, and some send using a second IP? Is my only option to get a new MTA? My goal is to use one mailiwizz installation for two companies and keep everything separate so if one gets a poor sender reputation it has no effect on the other.
Define two delivery servers, one for each customer, this will keep things separate.

Define two delivery servers, one for each customer, this will keep things separate.

But even if I do this, if the activities of one customer result in a blacklisted IP, then the second customer's IP will also be blacklisted since the IP in the headers is the same for both, correct?

But even if I do this, if the activities of one customer result in a blacklisted IP, then the second customer's IP will also be blacklisted since the IP in the headers is the same for both, correct?
Not quite. You should be fine if your emails originate from two distinct smtp servers.

Header rewriting/scrubbing and (partially) anonymous (re)mailing may be useful here (it is an extra setup).
You can also have a look into IP tunneling, which may help to keep your mailer (mwz), MTA/smtp server (pmta, drh, rabittMQ, etc), and the sending IPs apart, so that each part the operation is contained and replaceable in itself.

Back